4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

USBALLGIG Installed

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 11:44 PM
drober30
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default USBALLGIG Installed

I installed my USBALLGIG from navtv and it works as advertised!

The install was straight forward and easy.

The hardest part was taking apart the console but with the amazing directions here http://picasaweb.google.com/heleviti...CenterConsole#

it was not that bad. The hardest part was pulling the chrome trim ring off around the shifter.

Once you recive the USBALLGIG, you download the software from their web site and follow the directions to configure the USBALLGIG to your particular setup. It's really easy. There are about 6 options and you just turn them on or off.

I unplugged the factory harness from the radio, plugged the factory harness into the harness that came with the USBALLGIG and the other end of the USBALLGIG harness into the radio. That was it!

I tested before I put it all back together and everything worked as advertised.

1. DVD in motion
2. Navigation input in motion

One Note: I have the Sirius Backseat TV and the USBALLGIG did not allow me to view that on my MYGIG, not even in park. The "view Video" button was missing.

I think the dealer has to turn on the ability to view the Sirius Backseat TV on the MYGIG. I did test drive a 09 RAM that was being driven by the owner of a dealer and in park I could view the Backseat TV on the MYGIG so I know that is at least possible.

I chose the allgig over the lockpick because:

1. They have telephone support.
2. The device is USB up-datable in case of future software upgrades to the mygig causes problems with it
3. You dont have to double press any power buttons to get things to work (Nav input, DVD playback) it just works.

Quick Reply: USBALLGIG Installed