4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

How much did you pay for your Line-X spray in liner?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 11:36 AM
drober30
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much did you pay for your Line-X spray in liner?

I'm really only interested in the Line-X brand. Please specify over the rails or under.

Old 03-22-2009, 12:05 PM
sarguy01
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should post this in the general Ram area. I don't know if anybody in 4th Gen has gotten one yet.

Old 03-22-2009, 12:24 PM
WVU Fan
Professional

I just had mine done Saturday morning. Cost was $455 + tax. This was under the rails on the sides but up over the rail at the cab. I just got the standard black Line X. Only took the guy 1 hour and 45 minutes to do it.

When you have it done, a couple pieces of advice. First, stress to them you only want them going up to the trim piece on the tailgate and not under it. They were supposed to have done that on mine but when I looked at it yesterday they actually went up under it a little bit. Of course now the tail gate trim piece doesn't sit as low as it should on the back side because of the Line X.

Second, tell them you don't want a Line X sticker on your window or a Line X badge on the bed of the truck. The sticker is easy enough to remove but they put the plastic badge on the inside of the bed by using some type of caulk. By the time I took it off I was barely able to get the caulk removed. There is still a little bit left, but you can't really tell. Of course maybe you don't mind the sticker and badge being on there, but just making you aware that's what a lot of the shops do.

Old 03-22-2009, 12:55 PM
tombogue09
Captain

Had mine done about a month ago for 440 with tax under the rails for a 6'3" bed. Yes they will put a sticker on the window and a badge in the bed. The badge doesn't bother me but I didn't care for that yellow sticker on my rear window.

Old 03-22-2009, 01:08 PM
drober30
Veteran

Originally Posted by WVU Fan
I just had mine done Saturday morning. Cost was $455 + tax. This was under the rails on the sides but up over the rail at the cab. I just got the standard black Line X. Only took the guy 1 hour and 45 minutes to do it.

When you have it done, a couple pieces of advice. First, stress to them you only want them going up to the trim piece on the tailgate and not under it. They were supposed to have done that on mine but when I looked at it yesterday they actually went up under it a little bit. Of course now the tail gate trim piece doesn't sit as low as it should on the back side because of the Line X.

Second, tell them you don't want a Line X sticker on your window or a Line X badge on the bed of the truck. The sticker is easy enough to remove but they put the plastic badge on the inside of the bed by using some type of caulk. By the time I took it off I was barely able to get the caulk removed. There is still a little bit left, but you can't really tell. Of course maybe you don't mind the sticker and badge being on there, but just making you aware that's what a lot of the shops do.
Thanks for the advice on the rear tail gate trim. That is important info.

The sticker thing is also good advice. I already knew I had to request they don't stick that oval yellow Line-X sticker on my cab but I did not know about the one in the bed.

I have had dealers remove their stickers from my cars for years before I drove off the lot. My dealer now knows me and told the person who prepped the truck I ordered not to put a sticker on it before I came to pick it up.

Old 03-22-2009, 01:23 PM
Thatmarkguy
Veteran

I had mine done last week for $437.00 out the door including tax. I found a discount coupon online that the guy accepted. This guy did the access panel on the backside of the tailgate separately, so in time if you need to access the inner workings of the tailgate at a later date, you won't destroy the panel trying to remove it.

The Line-X Shop I went to only put the tag in the bed, which doesn't bother me. If he did put the one on the rear window I'd be pissed. I asked him if he had any Line-X goodies like a key chain or hat. He didn't, but he gave me a rear window decal done kind of like the flaming Harley Davidson ones, that one I put on the side of my tool box.

Old 03-22-2009, 01:47 PM
WVU Fan
Professional

I guess I'm picky. Actually, I just expect people to do what they say they are going to do and expect things to be done right and with pride. I guess that's considered "picky" today

Anyway, here are pictures of mine. The picture of the tail gate trim and how it sticks up in the back looks worse than it is due to how close up the picture is. It's about 1/4" higher in the back than in the front now. My biggest concerns are air getting under it and ripping the trim off (like what happened with my original trim piece) and also the Extang Revolution tonneau cover I have ordered fitting at the tail gate.

Old 03-22-2009, 03:16 PM
MOPWR2U
Veteran

Mine was free. I negotiated the best deal I could for the new truck, and for my 2007 GMC trade in, then waited a few days while "thinking about it". When I called the dealer back I told the salesman that I would take their new truck for what we had agreed on, but that I wanted them to throw in a spray in bed liner for that price. They said "no problem", and had the work done the same day, and delivered the truck to me at my house 50 miles away from the dealership at 8:00 that night, where they picked up my trade in, and had me sign the papers.

I removed the yellow window sticker the next day, and never had the in bed sticker. The dealership told me the spray in bed liner was worth $375 if I would have had to pay for it. It is below the rail on the sides and back, and over the rail in front.

MOPWR2U

Old 03-22-2009, 11:37 PM
TorRedOrv0436
Veteran

I got mine for $630.00 with the color match Line X Extra.. well worth it..
http://s690.photobucket.com/albums/v...t=IMG_0194.jpg

Old 03-23-2009, 09:36 PM
JohnVI
Veteran

So for the spray, how far up should you go, and should you do the rails?

Also, i heard the color match looks like clay ? i have the infreno red one, someone told me it may look a little funny as they cant match that exact color

Quick Reply: How much did you pay for your Line-X spray in liner?