4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New Owner/Exhaust ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 10:01 PM
bigred3297
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by switchblade906
Damn, sounds awesome.

about how long does it take the exhaust to break in?
Thanks, it took mine about a month, which was 500 miles. Could've been shorter but this is when my wife said " hey, your truck has gotten alot louder.." Sure enough i listened and noticed it too... lol that prob didnt help you at all..

Old 03-25-2009, 10:02 PM
JohnVI
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Resonator GONE

hey gang

Just wanted to post some decent info here.

Okay, so my goal was to get a "Little" louder, pretty much hear the HEMI a bit, but still respect the fact that i want my wife to drive the truck when she ants (Onece a year, ha ha) so don't want it too loud. I took it up the shop today, my guy cut the rear resonator out, put in a 2'1/2 pipe in its place swelled the ends to fit, nice weld around each connection, and hit it with spray. You cant even tell, i kept the factoy everything, its all good product, so i didnt go buy exhaust tips, etc.

The sound is perfect, dont be surprised if you take the rear resnator off gang. Just by getting rid of that one retriction (From an inside view it looks pretty restictive) my trucks sound got louder! Im not saying its like a loud beast, but you can definatly hear a difference. All in All it sounds great.

I can alwasy grab a few sounds from my blackberry bold if anyone is thinking of this mod.. PLUS this is the CHEAPEST exhaust mod i have ever done. Cutting a small piece, welding in a 3foot piece, and spraying it ran me $70, and thats while i waited.

Old 03-25-2009, 10:16 PM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by JohnVI
hey gang

Just wanted to post some decent info here.

Okay, so my goal was to get a "Little" louder, pretty much hear the HEMI a bit, but still respect the fact that i want my wife to drive the truck when she ants (Onece a year, ha ha) so don't want it too loud. I took it up the shop today, my guy cut the rear resonator out, put in a 2'1/2 pipe in its place swelled the ends to fit, nice weld around each connection, and hit it with spray. You cant even tell, i kept the factoy everything, its all good product, so i didnt go buy exhaust tips, etc.

The sound is perfect, dont be surprised if you take the rear resnator off gang. Just by getting rid of that one retriction (From an inside view it looks pretty restictive) my trucks sound got louder! Im not saying its like a loud beast, but you can definatly hear a difference. All in All it sounds great.

I can alwasy grab a few sounds from my blackberry bold if anyone is thinking of this mod.. PLUS this is the CHEAPEST exhaust mod i have ever done. Cutting a small piece, welding in a 3foot piece, and spraying it ran me $70, and thats while i waited.
I like the idea and I like the price.

Old 03-26-2009, 08:21 AM
switchblade906
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by bigred3297
Thanks, it took mine about a month, which was 500 miles. Could've been shorter but this is when my wife said " hey, your truck has gotten alot louder.." Sure enough i listened and noticed it too... lol that prob didnt help you at all..
yeah thats what i needed to know was about how many miles it would be.

i do about 500 miles in 1 week, maybe less lol

Old 03-26-2009, 01:46 PM
bigred3297
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by switchblade906
yeah thats what i needed to know was about how many miles it would be.

i do about 500 miles in 1 week, maybe less lol

I drive it 4-5 days a week, i've had it for 2 months, and i've put 1500 miles on it