4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Help with Mt. Redoubt Ash... HELP! :)

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 11:40 AM
AKDoulos
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Help with Mt. Redoubt Ash... HELP! :)

Hey guys,

This is my first post/thread. Yesterday we got about an 1/8 of an inch of ash from Mt. Redoubt... What precautions should I take before I start or drive the vehicle? I didn't have a tarp or a car cover so there's ash pretty much all over my baby. I was thinking about vacuuming everything I can before I drive to the touchless car wash. I know I probably need to get another air filter and I have to be VERY careful with the ash and the paint but is there anything else I should know?? Is it ok to drive when it just ashed yesterday?? Thanks for your help.

Old 03-29-2009, 01:04 PM
sarguy01
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://news.aaa-calif.com/pr/aaa/Rem...-Vehicles.aspx

Here is a link I found. It is for fire ash, not volcanic, but it should be the same.

Old 03-29-2009, 08:41 PM
AKDoulos

Thanks for the help.

Old 03-29-2009, 09:11 PM
ShirtaDay.com
Banned

Yeah.... I can't help you with the ash. No ash in TX. Maybe you should move down here - it's much warmer....

Old 03-29-2009, 09:42 PM
AKDoulos

HA! Too bad AK's waaay better... (sorry had to do it, you're our arch enemy state)

So... I went ahead and blew off all the ash on the truck and put a pair of panty hose over the intake. I'm off to the laserwash now... I hope most of the other vehicles ate all the ash already. STUPID ASH!

Quick Reply: Help with Mt. Redoubt Ash... HELP! :)