4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Tonneau for RamBox

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 04:06 AM
ezjeeper
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tonneau for RamBox

Anyone found a tonneau that works with RamBox yet? I've searched everywhere I can think of but can't find one that works with it. Thanks.

Old 04-03-2009, 06:07 AM
bountyhunter
Banned

MOPAR: RamBox roll-up and folding cover available.

Old 04-03-2009, 07:22 AM
drober30
Veteran

Truxedo Low Pro. Great Tonneau covers! Is what I had on my 07 and put on my 09.

Last edited by drober30; 04-03-2009 at 08:07 PM.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:52 PM
Lori 09

Getting on on Monday from Ziebart. They had to order a custom one that would fit with the ram box and the cargo management aluminum rails. Will let you know how it works out. Was $450

Old 04-03-2009, 06:55 PM
Mattones
Professional

i just ordered a Truxedo Low pro for my 09 Ram. It doesnt have ram boxs but from what the guy was telling me they are GREAT covers and work with the tail gate lock. if the gate is locked you cannot roll it up.

He also said they are getting RamBox style ones in within a couple days,

Old 04-03-2009, 07:02 PM
drober30
Veteran

Originally Posted by Mattones
i just ordered a Truxedo Low pro for my 09 Ram. It doesnt have ram boxs but from what the guy was telling me they are GREAT covers and work with the tail gate lock. if the gate is locked you cannot roll it up.

As I stated in my above post, I liked it so much that I bought it again for my 09.

Somebody with a 02-07 Ram is going to be very lucky to buy my Tonneau from my 07 Ram for $250.

Yes, it works well with the locking tailgate because the release lever is inside the bed/behind the tailgate.

Old 04-03-2009, 08:05 PM
Mattones
Professional

Sorry for going off topic ..

My ram has a bed liner and it already has the plastic top cover so i didnt need the wrap around bed liner. Do i need to remove either of those to install the Truxedo?

Old 04-03-2009, 08:10 PM
drober30
Veteran

Sorry for going off topic ..

My ram has a bed liner and it already has the plastic top cover so i didnt need the wrap around bed liner. Do i need to remove either of those to install the Truxedo?
No you don't need to remove anything. You are good to go. The low profile comes from the rails mounting to the side of the bed and not on the top.

Be excited! You will love it! They are to expensive though! but everything good is...

Old 04-03-2009, 08:42 PM
ShirtaDay.com
Banned

If I can't stand on it, I don't want it.

Old 04-03-2009, 08:55 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just FYI if you are in a high crime area you may not want to lock the tailgate with that cover. I was looking into that or the access cover along with a pop & lock for my truck and got both companies to send me samples of the cover material. A dull pocketknife will go through it like a hot knife through butter, I figured since they mentioned they had some kevlar in them they would be hard to cut but that's not the case. As long as you don't need absolute security they are great covers though, my grandfather has one on his truck, he just leaves the tailgate unlocked, figures he'd rather someone open the tailgate and see nothing in there than slice up his cover to find out if there's anything worth stealing.

Quick Reply: Tonneau for RamBox