4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Rambox Tonneau Cover, Heres an option for you

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 02:48 PM
jmaimin
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Place to by the BakFlip RamBox

You should try www.bakfactoryoutlet.com and speak with Morrie. He should be able to get you the best deal.

Old 02-05-2010, 02:50 PM
jmaimin
Former Vendor
Default BakFlip RamBox - place to buy

Originally Posted by frank2738
could u please post a company that carries this item for purchase? i've tried some of the websites provided on the website but had no luck. i live in long island, ny. thank you.
Try Morrie at www.bakfactoryoutlet.com . He'll ship directly to you and will definitely give you a great deal.

Old 03-15-2010, 11:36 PM
steelerman

Great tonneau but boy i hate the thought of losing site out the rear window. I'm probably paranoid & may just need to tie stuff down a bit more.

Old 03-19-2010, 03:50 PM
Buckster99

I have a 2010 Rambox on order and want to put a soft tonneau on it. However, I do not like the tri-folds as when they are up, they block the rear window. Besides, with such a small bed, every inch is usefull. The Truxedo is looking the best to me, but I have one on my 08 Ram and do not like it that much.

Old 03-21-2010, 12:15 AM
jmaimin
Former Vendor

I think what should be considered before you buy a soft toneau like the truxedo, is the fact that it offers no security and ultimately, in my opinion, cheapens your beautiful truck. It's like showing up to the prom in a tuxedo wearing flip flops. I get the fact that full access is important, but there is a hard tonneau that addresses this issue and more.

The BakFlip will give you full access of your truck bed, your rail system, your ram boxes and give you great security.

It will not block your rear window, unless you decide to lock it in the upright position behind your window, and when you need it in that position, usually it's because you have something so large in the truck that it blocks your visibility anyway. A couch, a fridge, a desk etc., will all block your rear window, whether you have a soft cover on your truck or no cover on your truck. The rest of the time you can drive with the BakFlip partially open or closed, in any one of 5 positions. Also, for the temporary time that the BakFlip is in the upright position for a large move, just use your side view mirrors. That's what they're there fore.

In my humble opinion, an extremely minor issue, if it can even be considered an issue, shouldn't have you cash in your BakFlip option for any soft tonneau.

If it's an issue of price, I get it, but that's about the only reason I can think of for settling.

Let me know your thoughts?

Old 03-21-2010, 05:54 AM
Doc Fluty
Banned

Originally Posted by jmaimin
It will not block your rear window, unless you decide to lock it in the upright position behind your window, and when you need it in that position, usually it's because you have something so large in the truck that it blocks your visibility anyway. A couch, a fridge, a desk etc., will all block your rear window, whether you have a soft cover on your truck or no cover on your truck.
perfectly said

i love my bakflip

Old 03-22-2010, 11:30 AM
steelerman

After some thought i'm weighing the Bakflip & ExTang ones. To me their very similar. Bakflip is about 70 more but does allow you "total" access to the bed. ExTangs stops 5 inches short or so.

Thanks for the info guys. Next up "a little more rumble" this truck is so quite.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:01 PM
jmaimin
Former Vendor

With respect, I believe you are incorrect with regard to how much space the two tonneaus take up in the truck. You're correct in your belief that the BakFlip provides full access, however the Extang does not take just 5 inches or so, it takes up 25 inches or so. That's a significant diference when you consider that it's approximately 30% of your entire bed.

Old 03-24-2010, 10:04 AM
steelerman

jmaimin - thanks.

I was just going off a little demo piece pickups plus had. After looking again yesterday it is larger. I've noticed many folks on this forum not liking the G2 from Bakflip. I don't need it to stop a bullet & if it hails outside the last damn thing i'll be worried about is the cover. I just want it secured and although the F1 may be more "secure" for the price difference the G2 will be ok.

Old 03-25-2010, 04:35 PM
jmaimin
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by steelerman
jmaimin - thanks.

I was just going off a little demo piece pickups plus had. After looking again yesterday it is larger. I've noticed many folks on this forum not liking the G2 from Bakflip. I don't need it to stop a bullet & if it hails outside the last damn thing i'll be worried about is the cover. I just want it secured and although the F1 may be more "secure" for the price difference the G2 will be ok.
Actually in terms of security, the Bakflip G2 will do everything that the F1 will do. They're the same as far as security is concerned. The F1 is just more impact resistant than any metal cover as it has a fiberglass top surface.

The BakFlip G2 is identical to the Extang or the MOPAR product in terms of it's finish. They are all aluminum laminated to EPS polystyrene. So, as far as ipact resistance, the strongest is the BakFlip F1. the rest are all the same. you just get a better fit, more access to bed space and better functionality with the BakFlips.

Quick Reply: Rambox Tonneau Cover, Heres an option for you