4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

After Market Park Assist

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 11:10 AM
JohnVI
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default After Market Park Assist

Finally made the plunge to get my rear park assist.

The Dodge Solution is pure crap if you buy the dodge/mopar aftermarket park assist. I went to a shop around where i live, westminister speed and sound and am waiting now for my truck.

4 sensor kit- $435 installed.

I'll post some pics and give an update to how it went

Old 04-24-2009, 12:28 PM
John Valdes
Veteran

I never thought I would open this thread but I had too. My crew cab is to big to fit in most parking spaces. I noticed this at Lowes the other day. When I looked back at my truck (I do that alot now) I noticed how far my rear end was sticking out. I went back and realized I have no perception on the front clearance either. Either way, even if was pulled all the way up, it still would have not fit in the spot.
Now, I am having to take up 1-1/3 of a space away from the store front. I just do not want someone to get pissed when they cannot find a space and see mine taking almost two. There are some crazy people out there. I used to be one of them.

Old 04-24-2009, 07:03 PM
Mattones
Professional

Originally Posted by John Valdes
I never thought I would open this thread but I had too. My crew cab is to big to fit in most parking spaces. I noticed this at Lowes the other day. When I looked back at my truck (I do that alot now) I noticed how far my rear end was sticking out. I went back and realized I have no perception on the front clearance either. Either way, even if was pulled all the way up, it still would have not fit in the spot.
Now, I am having to take up 1-1/3 of a space away from the store front. I just do not want someone to get pissed when they cannot find a space and see mine taking almost two. There are some crazy people out there. I used to be one of them.
This is why i reverse it along the outsides of the parking lot. My truck is just wayy to big for most of the spots down in my city. I was at the Bulk Barn parking lot yesteday and didntm bother backing up and when i got out my truck took nearly 1 3/4 of the spaces. I laughed

Old 04-26-2009, 08:48 PM
bls8195
Professional

Yeah I take up more than one spot thats for sure, but I don't really care I usually park in the very back so that way I generally have no one near my truck.

Old 04-26-2009, 08:57 PM
whitealexander
Professional

wow good luck mate..

Old 04-27-2009, 06:05 AM
kxwhite
Professional

ya i am pretty dependent on my back up sensors in the truck. its pretty sweet how it shows you which sensor is close to something.

Old 04-27-2009, 07:46 AM
jagass
Professional

I will wait for the pics...

Quick Reply: After Market Park Assist