4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Chryslers new incentive strategy for May

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 08:29 AM
Shumdit
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chryslers new incentive strategy for May

CNN posted last night that new incentives were coming on Chrysler vehicles in lieu of employee pricing. They say Chrysler will be offering dealer incentive cash (I have to assume a staggered amount, so an ST would not have as much dealer cash as a Laramie) as the main incentive. This is a good move on Chrysler's part since it allows dealers who want to still discount heavily the ability to do it, but for dealers who are low on stock and want to not "give away" their remaining stock during the restructuring and subsequent plant shutdowns the ability to get more profit (especially if the customer is not aware of the money if they do not advertise it on their site or in media). This gives dealers will less inventory the chance to keep the lights on while this mess is straightened out.
For current owners it helps prevent further erosion of the value of their trucks since it does not artificially lower the perceived starting value of their trucks the way EPP+ did. I wonder how much cash it will be, but I guess we will know sometime within the next day or so. I checked this morning and it's nothing but the military bonus cash showing at the moment, but I will check back in a few hours since they update all day.

Quick Reply: Chryslers new incentive strategy for May