4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Charlie's Dodge, Maumee Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 07:33 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up Charlie's Dodge, Maumee Ohio

Just a thumbs up to a dealer, there are seldom those posts about dealers and praise.

After my truck stalling on the line they worked a deal on a truck, the only one east of the Mississippi even close to what I wanted.

Price still a little over 10K off sticker
They paid for me to go get the truck (travel, gas, ect)

At this point I am happy, but then I get another item.....

If I should ever loose one of those "keys" I get a new one for free if they are not able to recover my lost key (has a tag on it). I also got a 10% discount card for any accessories/parts I may need and buy from them, and from what I can see there is NO expiration on this card! Maybe it is a one and done thing, probably should have asked. Guess I will know when I need something.

Charlie's is the largest Dodge only dealership in Ohio. Rumor is Jeep will be on their lots, well, if Jeep is part of the "new Chrysler".

Old 05-06-2009, 07:50 PM
WVU Fan
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's good to hear they went the extra mile to help you out. If more dealerships were like that it would go a long way to helping Chrysler sell more vehicles. Of course there are many more issues they also need to address, but customer service is always key.

Congrats on the truck. The regular cabs sure are rare. I haven't seen one here in the St. Louis area.

Old 05-06-2009, 08:57 PM
utour
Rookie

Hey 94RT10Ohio,
That is a GOOD news, it seems like we follow the same foot steps you and I. I'm picking my truck (mine got stopped at the factory last week too) and I found a new truck near by, 100% same specs as my order. Got same 11k discount. So gonna pick it up tomorrow at 6pm. If it's nice outside I'll do the photos...

Congrats man!!!

Old 05-06-2009, 08:58 PM
cheatdt
Rookie

congrats on the new truck!! It's great to see a dealer have 'real' customer service. This is why we went back to the same dealer for our new truck

Old 05-07-2009, 09:18 AM
ryano34

Waiting for the Pics!

Old 06-15-2010, 10:08 PM
MAGIC84
All Star

I had a good experience with this very dealer. Long story short, overheating caused by mis diagnosis from PepBoys, limped into Charlies on a Thursday night, got looked at late Friday Morning, and properly diagnosed as a Radiator Fail....several cold/hot spots/obstructions. Radiator for 03Durango 4.7 not in stock anywhere in area so it required leaving it for a week. Long term report repair was done OCT 2009, now June 2010 no leaks, repair correct, and no further overheating issues. Since my nearest Avis location was Toledo Express airport (about 10-15 minutes away) Charlies, helped with following me back to Airport for rental turn in, and back to dealer for final pick up. I am not thrilled with dealers in general but if you have to get stuck at one, this is one of the better ones. If you are having some moderate or major work done, (more than 2 hours) ask if they will shuttle over to the Andersens for the Tony Packo's express inside. Yes Tony Packo's of the M*A*S*H fame.

Quick Reply: Charlie's Dodge, Maumee Ohio