4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Ordered Mopar Side Steps online, showed up damaged

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 09:21 PM
Ironsides
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordered Mopar Side Steps online, showed up damaged

Last week, I ordered a set of Mopar side steps from Steve White Motors in Hickory, NC, through their eBay store. They showed up yesterday. I was out of town, so I only got to them today, my father received them. The packaging was intact, but when I opened the box up, both bars had dents in them.

I'll talk to the dealership and the freight company tomorrow, to work the whole thing out. But I was pretty anxious to get the steps installed, and now I'm just bummed that I can't.

Other than that though, I'm loving the truck. It's an '09 Crew Cab, 4X4 SLT w/ Big Horn package in Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl. I'll post some pics of the truck when I take some good ones.

Last edited by Ironsides; 05-08-2009 at 10:03 AM.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:23 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Things like that happen on occasion. Just be glad they are taking care of it without hassle.

Old 05-06-2009, 09:35 PM
jhedger
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

See if they can overnight them for the "inconvenience". Can't wait to see the pics when you get them on.

Last edited by jhedger; 05-06-2009 at 09:36 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-06-2009, 09:42 PM
Zbach7
Amateur

I just got mine today. Just got done installing them 15 minutes ago. Looks great and now my girlfriend wont have a problem gettin in.

Old 05-06-2009, 09:44 PM
seigell
Veteran

What $$ Price did you get ?? (Shipping Included??)
Are they the 5" Oval ??
And are they the Wheel-to-Wheel length or just Crew-Cab length ??

I've been eyeing the Mopar 5" SS Wheel-to-Wheel for mine...
I'm looking at going directly through my local Dodge Dealer, as they have them in-stock and hence "free shipping". And they are offering a "slight" deal on installation.

I'm interested if there are "smoking deals" on the Internet (that I haven't found), else factoring in the value of "immediate gratification" and the contribution towards keeping my local Dealer in business...

Old 05-06-2009, 09:56 PM
Ironsides
Professional

Originally Posted by seigell
What $$ Price did you get ?? (Shipping Included??)
Are they the 5" Oval ??
And are they the Wheel-to-Wheel length or just Crew-Cab length ??

I've been eyeing the Mopar 5" SS Wheel-to-Wheel for mine...
I'm looking at going directly through my local Dodge Dealer, as they have them in-stock and hence "free shipping". And they are offering a "slight" deal on installation.

I'm interested if there are "smoking deals" on the Internet (that I haven't found), else factoring in the value of "immediate gratification" and the contribution towards keeping my local Dealer in business...
I paid $460, including shipping. It's the Crew Cab length, not wheel to wheel, it is the 5" SS Oval. Installation is very easy, takes about an hour. I just gotta get a good set.

Old 05-06-2009, 10:17 PM
Zbach7
Amateur
Old 05-06-2009, 11:02 PM
jcrhea

These are the guys I bought from. Outstanding. Because I had no freaking clue what a RIVNUT was it took me about 3 hours to do the installation, but they look sweet. Ordered the chrome gas cap and slush mats from them as well.

Backup camera is in the mail, which I am happy about. Hopefully that won't be too incredibly difficult to install.

John

Old 05-07-2009, 09:13 AM
BrianLI
Rookie

Originally Posted by Ironsides
I paid $460, including shipping. It's the Crew Cab length, not wheel to wheel, it is the 5" SS Oval. Installation is very easy, takes about an hour. I just gotta get a good set.
Can you post some pictures of what the bars look like on your Crew Cab. I am interested in 5" Bars and would like to see what they look like on your truck.

Thanks!

Old 05-07-2009, 01:16 PM
Godspeed

I'll ask here because this just appears to be the most recent thread on Mopar side steps. Can somebody confirm what they're made out of, including all of the mounting brackets and hardware -- is it all stainless steel?

Also, regarding the black version -- what are they covered in? Just paint, or are they powder coated or something?

Thanks.

Quick Reply: Ordered Mopar Side Steps online, showed up damaged