4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Mufflex Muffler

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 11:31 AM
MemphisDean
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mufflex Muffler

I recently purchased a 2009 Laramie and was thinking about updating the exhaust. These are 4 sale on ebay.(239.50) Thoughts, am I missing anything.
Thanks

2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Mufflex 5.7 hemi muffler /exhaust

This is a do it yourself Muffler retrofit kit for the 2009 Dodge 1500 5.7 Hemi truck.

Why change the complete cat-back when the factory dual tailpipe system is already made of a 409 grade of stainless steel?

We at Mufflex offer the kit in 3 varieties depending on you taste for sound;
#1 DOD14M = Aggressive. #2 DOD18M = Moderate. #3 DOD24M = Mellow.

Please indicate which muffler desired when ordering. Also, please be certain of what you want as far as sound before making a muffler choice.

The mufflers are made of a 409 grade of stainless steel as are the extension tube's. They are also mandrel bent to maximize exhaust flow.

All hardware and exhaust clamps are included for a trouble free install
*(ALL PARTS ARE AMERICAN MADE)

This muffler retrofit is something that can be done by the casual mechanic & requires No welding at all. Install can be done in 2 hrs using air tools.

There is no need to pay a "Muffler Shop" to do a job like this with a universal muffler and substandard aluminized tubing when you can get a complete Mufflex 409 SS tube kit that has been engineered to fit your truck without issues.

And there is no need to purchase a complete "catback" when it is not necessary and not be able to have a muffler choice in what sound you want from your truck.

This system fits all 2009 Dodge 1500 1/2 ton pickups with the 5.7 Hemi engine 2wd - 4wd plus all wheelbases. THIS UNIT WILL NOT FIT OTHER YEARS, OR APPLICATIONS...

Much time has been spent designing this kit, so the factory alignment of the tailpipes will remain the same as the factory settings.

All of the parts are made of 409 stainless steel and includes all mounting hardware and instructions for an easy Bolton install. (No welding required)

Close window

Old 05-07-2009, 11:35 AM
BubbaRadioNetwork
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very simple to install. I put mine on in about 30 minutes with no help. I have the single exhaust version. Sounds good. I got the 14" version.

Old 05-07-2009, 01:02 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

There are a few Mufflex threads already.

Here is the scoop. If you want to do it yourself buy the Mufflex (I plan to do so).

If you do not care who does the work, take it to a local shop and have them weld in a Magnaflow. Make sure they use SS piping, you will then have the same thing as a Mufflex. Cost at a shop witll be $130-$200 depending on area and pipe used.

I agree, do not waste you time on a entire CAT back on the new dual exit unless you plan on a blower or soemthing, then the entire exhaust needs replaced.

Quick Reply: Mufflex Muffler