4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Question for those with uconnect tunes without the Alpine Premium Sound.

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009 | 03:43 PM
drober30
|
Veteran
Default Question for those with uconnect tunes without the Alpine Premium Sound.

I have the RER uconnect with Alpine Premium Sound System. This system includes a center channel in the middle of the dash. The center channel speaker seems to be where my uconnect sound comes from.

I would like to know the answers to the following questions if you have the touch screen uconnect system without the Alpine Premium Sound system:

1. do you have a center channel in the middle of the dash?
2. If no center channel, where does the uconnect sound come from?
3. What if the navigation is speaking direction and a phone call comes in, what speakers do the sounds come from?

Old 05-28-2009 | 07:39 AM
drober30
|
Veteran

Someone has to have the MyGig without the Premium Alpine System. Can you please respond to my questions?

Thanks!

Old 05-28-2009 | 08:07 AM
buckarcher
Veteran

I'll try to help, but I might need some direction. What is a center channel?

when you say "

My phone is not compatable so I don't know which speakers the sound would come from. Also, my system doesn't have nav. but reading through the u connect manual, has lead me to believe that you have to press a button to answer a call, and I'm guessing that they would come through different speakers anyway.

Old 05-28-2009 | 10:13 AM
drober30
|
Veteran

Originally Posted by buckarcher
I'll try to help, but I might need some direction. What is a center channel?

when you say "

My phone is not compatable so I don't know which speakers the sound would come from. Also, my system doesn't have nav. but reading through the u connect manual, has lead me to believe that you have to press a button to answer a call, and I'm guessing that they would come through different speakers anyway.
If you don't have NAV that's OK. You do have the mygig touch screen right?

You will have a left & right dash speaker but I was wondering if the "center" speaker only came with the Alpine Premium sound system.

On the dash of your truck, is there a speaker located in the middle?

Even if your phone is not hooked up, play the radio and then press the uconnect button on your radio. Where does the voice come from? There should at least be a voice that tells you no phone connected.

Thanks for the help!

Old 05-28-2009 | 10:22 AM
72combo
Champion

The Alpine System says alpine right where the dash and window meet in the center

Old 05-28-2009 | 01:07 PM
drober30
|
Veteran

Originally Posted by 72combo
The Alpine System says alpine right where the dash and window meet in the center
That's true, but is that center speaker still there and it just doesn't say Alpine?

I was wondering if the center channel was there for the uconnect anyway?

Old 05-30-2009 | 11:04 AM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

There may not be anyone with a touchscreen without the Alpine system. I looked at 600+ trucks before I picked mine out and I don't recall seeing that combo.

Also, when a phonecall comes in it overrides the stereo and nav instructions.

Old 05-30-2009 | 12:40 PM
drober30
|
Veteran

Originally Posted by Sobomaster
There may not be anyone with a touchscreen without the Alpine system. I looked at 600+ trucks before I picked mine out and I don't recall seeing that combo.

Also, when a phonecall comes in it overrides the stereo and nav instructions.
If I could just have somebody without the Alpine Premium Sound and a touchscreen unit tell me if they have a center speaker or if the phone calls come through a different speaker, like the left dash speaker, I think that will help.

Quick Reply: Question for those with uconnect tunes without the Alpine Premium Sound.