4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Truck Backordered Still waiting

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009 | 07:37 AM
pccmtb
|
Default Truck Backordered Still waiting

I bought/ordered my truck on 4/23-recieved a vin 5/1 with a ship date of 6/15....called the dealer yesterday now states it will be shipped on 6/22..Is this going to happen every week??I read that some plants have shut down production....I have also heard some are still in production??I just want my truck..Not in July...They told me it is being built..

Old 05-28-2009 | 08:16 AM
bountyhunter
Banned

Dealer FOS...Ram production ceased May 1st...entire company shut down.

Last edited by bountyhunter; 05-28-2009 at 08:20 AM.
Old 05-28-2009 | 09:15 AM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio

Yes, your order is not going anywhere and can not possibly have a completion date. All trucks yet to start production where put on some special code (I do not recall what it was) and therefore would not have a completion date. Your dealer is simply adding the standard 6-8 weeks and saying this is the date. They should be looking for a similar truck on another lot rather than wasting your time.

No one knows for sure when the lines will start back up. It all depends on how fast they get through the bankruptsy and the deal gets done with Fiat.

Old 05-28-2009 | 10:42 AM
72combo
Champion

Well Chrysler is supposedly if all goes well coming out of bankruptcy within a few weeks.

Old 05-30-2009 | 11:07 AM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

Yes, but even when it comes out of bankruptcy, nothing is final. There are still lots of trucks on lots - have your dealer take a look around.

Old 05-30-2009 | 12:30 PM
Thatmarkguy
Veteran

My truck is up for sale. I don't know what you've ordered, but I've got a 2-wheel drive black Sport with all the options except the ceiling mounted DVD screen or the rear slider (it's got the defroster instead), leather MYGIG, nav, etc. I've also added a remote ******** fiberglass tonneau cover and a Line-X sprayed-in bedliner.

If you're interested PM me.

Old 05-30-2009 | 01:04 PM
CarGuyOhio

Originally Posted by Thatmarkguy
My truck is up for sale. I don't know what you've ordered, but I've got a 2-wheel drive black Sport with all the options except the ceiling mounted DVD screen or the rear slider (it's got the defroster instead), leather MYGIG, nav, etc. I've also added a remote ******** fiberglass tonneau cover and a Line-X sprayed-in bedliner.

If you're interested PM me.
That was fast. Do not like it, do nto need it or $$ thing?

Old 05-30-2009 | 01:46 PM
Thatmarkguy
Veteran

Originally Posted by 94rt10ohio
That was fast. Do not like it, do nto need it or $$ thing?
I just haven't bonded with this truck - I came out of an '07 GMC 2500HD with a Duramax that I totaled. I hydroplaned, spun, hit the guardrail, and flipped it over and skidded down the freeway for a couple of hundred feet going to work one rainy morning in February. I wanted another truck like it, but there weren't any available - either used or new. Plus GM wasn't giving any deals like Chrysler was at the time. I bit the bullet an went for the Dodge (a first Mopar for me). There is nothing wrong with the truck, it is the smoothest riding truck I've ever owned (unless you consider El Caminos trucks). I just haven't bonded with this truck - I want another truck like I had.

That's why I'm selling it - not because anything is wrong, it just doesn't work for me.

Old 05-30-2009 | 07:12 PM
CarGuyOhio

Good luck, I am sure you can find a used one, if not new, at a decent price. The hard part will be selling yours.

Old 05-30-2009 | 07:55 PM
72combo
Champion

gonna have to give it away unless its a cash deal

Quick Reply: Truck Backordered Still waiting