DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   4th Gen Ram Tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/4th-gen-ram-tech-120/)
-   -   Turn Signal (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/4th-gen-ram-tech/202937-turn-signal.html)

John Valdes 06-03-2009 11:24 AM

Turn Signal

A quick tap on the turn signal blinks three times. I think it is standard on the vehicle. However, three is not enough. Can this be adjusted to blink more than three times?

Sobomaster 06-03-2009 11:27 AM

I do not believe this is adjustable. It was covered in another thread awhile back. Three is standard for a lot of manufacturers. If you need more blinks, then just push it down all of the way until you're done merging or turning.

Personally i think three is plenty for merging and that is when this is used.

Secret Agent Man 06-03-2009 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Sobomaster (Post 1689611)
I do not believe this is adjustable. It was covered in another thread awhile back. Three is standard for a lot of manufacturers. If you need more blinks, then just push it down all of the way until you're done merging or turning.

I 100% agree. Sometimes I bump it accidentally and get three blinks that were not intended. If there were more than three it would be too many.

John Valdes 06-03-2009 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Sobomaster (Post 1689611)

Maybe I am merging to slowly? :)

Brandloyal 06-03-2009 03:15 PM

You must not be from MD. PA. or VA. I don't think anyone around here knows what a blinker is.

Secret Agent Man 06-03-2009 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Brandloyal (Post 1689842)
You must not be from MD. PA. or VA. I don't think anyone around here knows what a blinker is.

It must be similar there to Detroit. When I lived in Detroit, it was a means of survival to use your turn signal after you already start to move over. If you put your turn signal on prior to moving over, the person in that lane would try to speed up to not let you in. Pretty sad really.

Brandloyal 06-03-2009 03:26 PM

Funny thing is, they will put their arm out the window with a finger pointed up, as if to ask permission while they are in the middle of cutting someone off.

Back on topic, I really do like this feature, and find that 3 blinks is just fine in most instances. I won't lane change unless there is more than enough clearance to do so, the blinker is just a courtesy to let those behind know my intentions.

jawsdc 06-03-2009 04:20 PM

no three blinks here, very sad...

Doc Fluty 06-03-2009 05:35 PM

i wasnt aware of the three blinkin prob.. mine blinks many times... maybe you have a preejacublinking problem that should be check so you can blink longer

John Valdes 06-04-2009 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Doc Fluty (Post 1690010)
i wasnt aware of the three blinkin prob.. mine blinks many times... maybe you have a preejacublinking problem that should be check so you can blink longer

I wish I understood what you said?