Turn Signal - DodgeForum.com

4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Turn Signal

Old 06-03-2009, 11:24 AM
John Valdes
Veteran
Default Turn Signal

A quick tap on the turn signal blinks three times. I think it is standard on the vehicle. However, three is not enough. Can this be adjusted to blink more than three times?

Old 06-03-2009, 11:27 AM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

I do not believe this is adjustable. It was covered in another thread awhile back. Three is standard for a lot of manufacturers. If you need more blinks, then just push it down all of the way until you're done merging or turning.

Personally i think three is plenty for merging and that is when this is used.

Old 06-03-2009, 12:16 PM
Secret Agent Man
Captain

Originally Posted by Sobomaster View Post
I do not believe this is adjustable. It was covered in another thread awhile back. Three is standard for a lot of manufacturers. If you need more blinks, then just push it down all of the way until you're done merging or turning.

I 100% agree. Sometimes I bump it accidentally and get three blinks that were not intended. If there were more than three it would be too many.

Old 06-03-2009, 01:44 PM
John Valdes
Veteran

Originally Posted by Sobomaster View Post

Maybe I am merging to slowly?

Old 06-03-2009, 03:15 PM
Brandloyal

You must not be from MD. PA. or VA. I don't think anyone around here knows what a blinker is.

Old 06-03-2009, 03:19 PM
Secret Agent Man
Captain

Originally Posted by Brandloyal View Post
You must not be from MD. PA. or VA. I don't think anyone around here knows what a blinker is.
It must be similar there to Detroit. When I lived in Detroit, it was a means of survival to use your turn signal after you already start to move over. If you put your turn signal on prior to moving over, the person in that lane would try to speed up to not let you in. Pretty sad really.

Old 06-03-2009, 03:26 PM
Brandloyal

Funny thing is, they will put their arm out the window with a finger pointed up, as if to ask permission while they are in the middle of cutting someone off.

Back on topic, I really do like this feature, and find that 3 blinks is just fine in most instances. I won't lane change unless there is more than enough clearance to do so, the blinker is just a courtesy to let those behind know my intentions.

Old 06-03-2009, 04:20 PM
jawsdc
Veteran

no three blinks here, very sad...

Old 06-03-2009, 05:35 PM
Doc Fluty
Banned

i wasnt aware of the three blinkin prob.. mine blinks many times... maybe you have a preejacublinking problem that should be check so you can blink longer

Old 06-04-2009, 10:29 AM
John Valdes
Veteran

Originally Posted by Doc Fluty View Post
i wasnt aware of the three blinkin prob.. mine blinks many times... maybe you have a preejacublinking problem that should be check so you can blink longer
I wish I understood what you said?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Turn Signal

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: