4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

License Plate Bracket

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 08:42 PM
fur_252
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default License Plate Bracket

Just Bought a New 09 Dodge Ram Sport and was wondering if u can buy or get a License plate bracket for the truck?

Old 06-13-2009, 09:37 PM
BubbaRadioNetwork
Veteran
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My dealer told me they quit using them for the front. Your plate just screws into the bumper I think. The non-sport bumpers have the two square plugs in them.

Old 06-13-2009, 10:15 PM
oldjeep
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup. On my SLT there are just 2 screws that go into a couple square plastic plugs.

Old 06-14-2009, 04:56 PM
Hdcowboy
Professional

Originally Posted by BubbaRadioNetwork
My dealer told me they quit using them for the front. Your plate just screws into the bumper I think. The non-sport bumpers have the two square plugs in them.
Whats that got to do with anything? On my license plate bracket the screws that connect it also go through the plate so all it should take IMHO is removing the the screws off the plate and placing the bracket on and then reinstalling the screws. I know mine is an SLT model but regardless I dont see what the big deal is. Am I missing something? Hell my dealer has his own custom license plate brackets made and mounts them on all the new vehicles.

Old 06-14-2009, 04:59 PM
oldjeep
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hdcowboy
Whats that got to do with anything? On my license plate bracket the screws that connect it also go through the plate so all it should take IMHO is removing the the screws off the plate and placing the bracket on and then reinstalling the screws. I know mine is an SLT model but regardless I dont see what the big deal is. Am I missing something? Hell my dealer has his own custom license plate brackets made and mounts them on all the new vehicles.
He's talking about an actual plate bracket, not a beauty ring. The old style hooks underneath and comes up in front of the bumper to give you a place to attach the plate to with no holes in bumper.

Old 06-15-2009, 03:53 PM
Hop
Professional

Like Item 21 here..
http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/de/full.aspx?Page=42

I'd like to have one as well. My sport just taps into the plastic bumper cover and has two rubber pads stuck to the bumper.
--Hop

Old 06-15-2009, 11:21 PM
fur_252

Originally Posted by Hop
Like Item 21 here..

I'd like to have one as well. My sport just taps into the plastic bumper cover and has two rubber pads stuck to the bumper.
--Hop

Yes im looking for what HOP found. Not a beauty ring!

Old 06-16-2009, 07:50 AM
budlyte
Rookie

My dealer included a plastic "beauty ring" on the front of my sport. I used it when I mounted a plate of my favorite football team, but I ended up removing it and the plate once I noticed that both were scuffing the bumper.

Old 06-16-2009, 01:39 PM
BubbaRadioNetwork
Veteran
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Hop
Like Item 21 here..

--Hop
That is what I was referring to. My dealer said Chrysler quit using them on the 09's.

Old 06-18-2009, 08:51 AM
jawman

So how do you stop the plate from getting all bent up when going through an automatic car wash??

Quick Reply: License Plate Bracket