4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Back Up Camera And Nav?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 06:22 PM
dcraft
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nav rer units

i see that there is a high speed bus and a low speed bus unit. what is the difference and which will fit my 2009 ram 1500?

Old 06-20-2009, 08:04 PM
Secret Agent Man
Captain

09 Rams are high speed

Old 06-21-2009, 09:11 PM
lross78550
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Secret Agent Man
That would be perfect! Good luck with the install. Thank you.
I finished the stereo install today, took almost the entire day (again). Man im tired. Im very happy with the results but it took alot longer than i thought it would. I have the photos of the camera. There is a VERY small portion of the lower left and right corners where you can just see the bumper. The thing thats going to take the most time to get used to is the fisheye lens. the term "objects are closer than they appear" just dosent do this camera justice. In one photo there is a jeep to the side. You cant believe it from the camera view but if that jeep was in the same spot behind the truck instead of to the side of the truck i would have already hit it in this photo (i got out and checked) and the picture of the tahoe where it looks like ive got another 5 feet is really more like 24". However for its intended purpose (to make sure theres nothing behind you b4 you backup) I think its great the very wide angle lets you know whats behind and on both sides of the truck. The picture quality is GREAT i was looking at the screen and a bird flew behind the truck about a street width away and i could see the bird and his wings flapping as it flew by. Very nice picture. Hope this helps
Lee

http://www.cngmail.com/backupcamera.html

Old 06-21-2009, 10:48 PM
Secret Agent Man
Captain

Looks really good! Thank you for posting the pics.

Old 06-21-2009, 11:00 PM
hbliam

Originally Posted by lross78550
and the picture of the tahoe where it looks like ive got another 5 feet is really more like 24".
Another reason to get the factory system. When it looks like I'm 1" from backing into something, I'm 1" away. I can back up to a wall and park an 1" away with no stress.

Old 06-21-2009, 11:24 PM
lross78550
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hbliam
Another reason to get the factory system. When it looks like I'm 1" from backing into something, I'm 1" away. I can back up to a wall and park an 1" away with no stress.
my understanding of optics is that you can have a wide angle fisheye lens but you will have distance distortion or you can have a normal (narrow) angle lens and have accurate distance but a narrow field of vision but you cant have both. Thats why the passenger side sideview mirror on most cars say at the bottom "Objects may be closer than they appear" because the passenger side mirror is giving you a wider field of view. Im sure the factory camera is a great camera but it seems like people are having a hard time obtaining them. I knew when i bought this camera that it had a fisheye lens (boyo makes other cameras that dont). All said im happy with the camera
Lee

Quick Reply: Back Up Camera And Nav?