4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Final Word on the TRX4

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 10:01 PM
Ryan Albert
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^UR lucky!!!

Old 09-30-2009, 04:25 PM
BOWERSFJ
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sooooo, is there any reason then why a 2" Readylift spacer in the front and a 3/4" Daystar spacer in the rear would be a problem on a TRX4 ? If it's been confirmed that there is no spacer in the TRX4 front strut, then the Readylift should be fine ? I would probably just have to wait and see if the 3/4" rear spacer would be enough to make it level after doing the front . . . I would probably prefer that it be about 1/2" higher in the rear than the front. Sorry to reopen the can from back in July, but I just want to be sure and not make a mistake.

Old 09-30-2009, 05:20 PM
sarguy01
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BOWERSFJ
Sooooo, is there any reason then why a 2" Readylift spacer in the front and a 3/4" Daystar spacer in the rear would be a problem on a TRX4 ? If it's been confirmed that there is no spacer in the TRX4 front strut, then the Readylift should be fine ? I would probably just have to wait and see if the 3/4" rear spacer would be enough to make it level after doing the front . . . I would probably prefer that it be about 1/2" higher in the rear than the front. Sorry to reopen the can from back in July, but I just want to be sure and not make a mistake.
It will work fine.

Old 02-20-2010, 08:23 AM
spamn
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Final outcome? Did you do 2" up front and 3/4" in the rear? I was just looking to put some spacers in the front of my 06 TRX4. There are so many different types of spacers out there as well. Some have bolts or holes. Others are just solid (thick washers). I'm about to replace my outer tie rod ends and figure while I'm in there I should put some spacers in.

Also, max tire size after doing this? I have th 17" rims and have noticed from factory that they rub when the wheels are turned all of the way. I love my TRX4 but doing things to it seems to be complicated. At least, if you want to be safe and careful.

Quick Reply: Final Word on the TRX4