4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

removed B-pillar blackout pics

Old 02-26-2010, 08:13 PM
Medic1
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just started doing this and was putting the window moulding back on, being very careful not to overtighten it and strip it, but it stripped anyway. I was turing the screw very gently and it just kept turning. The end cap on the moulding is also loose now (it slides back and forth in the moulding but doesn't fully come out).

Any ideas other than to buy a new piece of moulding? Does the screw go through the end cap as well? Is that why the cap is moving now too? I thought about just going to buy a similiar screw only a little bigger so that it would make new threads (I think theres enough room to go with a slightly larger size).

Any help would be appreciated. The moulding is still on the truck but it slides back and forth on the edge of the sill.

EDIT: After looking closer at the moulding I see that the screw goes into the endcap only which secures the entire moulding to the truck. Therefore its the screwhole in the endcap that is stripped. Does anyone know if you can buy a replacement endcap only, or do you have to buy the entire moulding assembly? I guess the next step after this if you have to buy the whole assembly would be to start canvassing the scrap yards and see if I can just get an endcap.

Last edited by Medic1; 02-27-2010 at 08:11 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: removed B-pillar blackout pics