4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-17-2015, 12:10 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine Guides
Print Wikipost

Performance Upgrades for 2009 5.7 hemi

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 12:54 PM
Ion2good101
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how much does it cost to get a custom dyno done and do you know of some certain main places that possibly do this?

Old 08-25-2009, 01:04 PM
sarguy01
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ion2good101
how much does it cost to get a custom dyno done and do you know of some certain main places that possibly do this?
Contact B&G. I am going to guess it would cost 600-1000+$ since you need to dyno the truck and it will take several pulls.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:15 PM
mruck05

Originally Posted by switchblade906
Well as of right now you could do a replacement muffler or a custom cat back system. then you could change the intake but thats not looking so hot right now for some people. and the gears are always an option

where could i get a hold of some 4.56s? and does anyone no if there is a detroit tru trac out for them or any ideas when u could get a hold of one?

Old 09-18-2009, 07:39 PM
mixgt
Rookie

I installed the bullydog GT Tuner on my truck, and it is nite and day. Its not adjustable on the fly like the diesel tuners but it does work well. Now if I could find something to completely turn off the ESP.

Old 09-20-2009, 06:40 PM
AZDodgeHemi
Amateur

Originally Posted by mixgt
Now if I could find something to completely turn off the ESP.
This works on my 2008 Jeep. Haven't tried it on the Dodge. If anyone tries this, let us know if this works.

The Permanent Electronic Stability Program (ESP) Disable Feature:

Vehicles modified with larger tires and/or suspension lifts may experience early ESP activations as compared to a non-modified production vehicle depending on lift size, tire size, suspension changes and/or driving habits. If early ESP activations are experienced while driving a modified vehicle, the additional ability to permanently turn off ESP is available. A steering wheel/ESP button maneuver must be performed to permanently disable ESP and defeat the functionality of the ESP switch. Repeating the procedure will return the system to normal ESP operation and restore ESP switch functionality allowing ESP "Partial" or "Off' modes.

Permanently disabling ESP DOES NOT disable critical vehicle systems like anti-lock brakes (ABS) or brake assist system (BAS).

WARNING:With ESP in the permanent disabled mode, the enhanced vehicle stability offered by the Electronic Stability Program (ESP) and Electronic Roll Mitigation (ERM) systems is unavailable. In an emergency evasive maneuver, the ESP and ERM systems will not engage to assist in maintaining vehicle stability. This disabled mode is intended for off-road use only. Vehicle modifications requiring the owner to configure the vehicle in the ESP disabled mode, will seriously affect the vehicle roadworthiness, safety, and may lead to loss of control and/or accident resulting in serious injury or fatal injuries.

1. Procedure To Turn ON (or OFF) The Permanent ESP Disable Feature:

a.Verify that the automatic transmission selector is in the "Park" position, and that a manual transmission is in neutral gear.

b. Start the vehicle engine and wait approximately five (5) seconds for the system bulb check to complete.

c. Shift the transfer case into the 4H range position. Firmly set parking brake.

d. Turn the steering wheel until it is centered and the wheels are pointed straight ahead.

e. Turn the steering wheel one-half turn to the right (clockwise). HOLD steering wheel in this position.

f. Press and hold the "ESP OFF" button for 7 seconds. Release the "ESP OFF" button right after 7 seconds. Wait for chime.

g. Turn the steering wheel back to center, then turn steering wheel one-half turn to the left (counterclockwise). HOLD the steering wheel in this position.

h. Press and hold the "ESP OFF" button for 7 seconds. Release the "ESP OFF" button right after 7 seconds. Wait for chime.

i. Turn the steering wheel back to center.

j. Press and hold the "ESP OFF" button for 7 seconds. Release the "ESP OFF" button right after 7 seconds. Wait for chime.

k. Cycle the ignition switch to the "OFF" position.

2. While the Permanent ESP Disable feature is turned on, the vehicle will display the following:

a. The ESP telltale in the instrument cluster will be illuminated.

b. The vehicle odometer will display a "ESP OFF" message.

3. Repeat Step 1 To Turn OFF The Permanent ESP Disable Feature.

Old 09-21-2009, 09:22 AM
dhopkins
Amateur

Has anyone tried this to turn off the ESP cmpletely on the RAM?

Old 09-21-2009, 09:32 AM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I installed the bullydog GT Tuner on my truck, and it is nite and day. Its not adjustable on the fly like the diesel tuners but it does work well. Now if I could find something to completely turn off the ESP.
Did you see any MPG changes? I need real world, real calc (not computer) numbers.

Old 09-21-2009, 11:49 AM
BULLRAIDER
Rookie

I turned ESP all the way off, over the weekend, by doing the challenger method, "removing the power from the dynamic sensor module it is fairly easy to find, but the lights wont go off after puting it back, it is a system that sets a light when the power is interrupted, to the sensor, the wheel well disconnect method might be better, I dont know if it leaves the lights on or not, driving it 50 miles did not re-set it either, going to the dealer to get it reset... and come up with a story. no biggie

the dynamic sensor is what the ESP works off of,and on the challengers ,you can put a toggle switch on the wire ,cutting the power to it, but not ours.........

Old 09-21-2009, 03:17 PM
mixgt
Rookie

Originally Posted by AZDodgeHemi
This works on my 2008 Jeep. Haven't tried it on the Dodge. If anyone tries this, let us know if this works.

The Permanent Electronic Stability Program (ESP) Disable Feature:

Vehicles modified with larger tires and/or suspension lifts may experience early ESP activations as compared to a non-modified production vehicle depending on lift size, tire size, suspension changes and/or driving habits. If early ESP activations are experienced while driving a modified vehicle, the additional ability to permanently turn off ESP is available. A steering wheel/ESP button maneuver must be performed to permanently disable ESP and defeat the functionality of the ESP switch. Repeating the procedure will return the system to normal ESP operation and restore ESP switch functionality allowing ESP "Partial" or "Off' modes.

Permanently disabling ESP DOES NOT disable critical vehicle systems like anti-lock brakes (ABS) or brake assist system (BAS).

WARNING:With ESP in the permanent disabled mode, the enhanced vehicle stability offered by the Electronic Stability Program (ESP) and Electronic Roll Mitigation (ERM) systems is unavailable. In an emergency evasive maneuver, the ESP and ERM systems will not engage to assist in maintaining vehicle stability. This disabled mode is intended for off-road use only. Vehicle modifications requiring the owner to configure the vehicle in the ESP disabled mode, will seriously affect the vehicle roadworthiness, safety, and may lead to loss of control and/or accident resulting in serious injury or fatal injuries.

1. Procedure To Turn ON (or OFF) The Permanent ESP Disable Feature:

a.Verify that the automatic transmission selector is in the "Park" position, and that a manual transmission is in neutral gear.

b. Start the vehicle engine and wait approximately five (5) seconds for the system bulb check to complete.

c. Shift the transfer case into the 4H range position. Firmly set parking brake.

d. Turn the steering wheel until it is centered and the wheels are pointed straight ahead.

e. Turn the steering wheel one-half turn to the right (clockwise). HOLD steering wheel in this position.

f. Press and hold the "ESP OFF" button for 7 seconds. Release the "ESP OFF" button right after 7 seconds. Wait for chime.

g. Turn the steering wheel back to center, then turn steering wheel one-half turn to the left (counterclockwise). HOLD the steering wheel in this position.

h. Press and hold the "ESP OFF" button for 7 seconds. Release the "ESP OFF" button right after 7 seconds. Wait for chime.

i. Turn the steering wheel back to center.

j. Press and hold the "ESP OFF" button for 7 seconds. Release the "ESP OFF" button right after 7 seconds. Wait for chime.

k. Cycle the ignition switch to the "OFF" position.

2. While the Permanent ESP Disable feature is turned on, the vehicle will display the following:

a. The ESP telltale in the instrument cluster will be illuminated.

b. The vehicle odometer will display a "ESP OFF" message.

3. Repeat Step 1 To Turn OFF The Permanent ESP Disable Feature.
All I have to say is Thankyou, Thankyou, Thankyou

Old 09-21-2009, 03:23 PM
sarguy01
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All I have to say is Thankyou, Thankyou, Thankyou
Did you get it to work?

I just tried it and it didn't work.

Last edited by sarguy01; 09-21-2009 at 03:28 PM.

Quick Reply: Performance Upgrades for 2009 5.7 hemi