4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hood Hail Damaged

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009 | 07:21 PM
09 RT RAM
Talking

Originally Posted by jdustu
I don't think it would do you much good, even if it fits. The air intake is already drawing the air from outside the engine. This would maybe cool down the compartment a very little bit, but I don't really see engine heat being an issue. It would take a lot more work to make it a "ram air" style setup.

I guess I'd still do it if it fit, just so the hood at least has scoops that are open lol.

3 Hoods available in D/FW....2 now that I have one coming in next week

p.s....I will make sure to Dodge the Hail stones at 70mph on I35 next gig.........

Old 08-15-2009 | 01:41 AM
MMMMRice
Veteran

Originally Posted by 09 RT RAM
dude...you almost Leno but not quite......the garage is full of Harleys mang........ and besides........what are you going to do....Dodge (excuse the pun) the freggin' hail stones.......you New Englander's crack me up

TEJAS - WARNING...UNANNOUNCED HAIL STONES APPROACHING.....

I cant say I learned anything from this post.

Old 08-16-2009 | 03:36 AM
09 RT RAM
Cool

Originally Posted by MMMMRice
I cant say I learned anything from this post.

Well if figures ...how in the Sam Hill are you going to be in a garage when you are driving on Interstate Hwy 35 and the hail starts??? This is Texas not Delaware mang......

Quick Reply: Hood Hail Damaged