4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Sport grille Canada vs US trucks

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 02:29 PM
Thatmarkguy
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

72 Combo why are you so anti-R/T badge on RM2092's truck? All he did was add an R/T emblem on the body colored grille. He didn't add the Charger R/T stripes on the rear, he didn't add a wing on the back. In fact, I like the R/T badge on the grille, it adds some splash on the front end without being overpowering.

It's his truck, he's making the payments, let him do what he wants whether you like it or not.

If you had a Pantera you'd be fit to be tied because only 5% of those cars are left stock.

Old 08-30-2009, 10:42 PM
War Horse
All Star

I've got a color matched grille, and the R/T emblem. I know Dodge was going for some bragging numbers with the R/T, but in this day and age how many people can really use a regular cab? When I heard there was an R/T model, I was drooling all over the place, but as soon as I found out that it was regular cab only, it was a non-option.

I've got the R/T badge on my silver truck and I love it. It may not be a factory R/T, but as soon as I get the 4.10 gears and torque converter in there, I'm sure it'll run just as well.

Old 08-30-2009, 10:43 PM
72combo
Champion

Originally Posted by Thatmarkguy
72 Combo why are you so anti-R/T badge on RM2092's truck? All he did was add an R/T emblem on the body colored grille. He didn't add the Charger R/T stripes on the rear, he didn't add a wing on the back. In fact, I like the R/T badge on the grille, it adds some splash on the front end without being overpowering.

It's his truck, he's making the payments, let him do what he wants whether you like it or not.

If you had a Pantera you'd be fit to be tied because only 5% of those cars are left stock.
Holy crap how did you know I had a Pantera who is this? Nobody is supposed to know that I had this. Relax, go back thru the forums am I the only one who can refer to that guy that used to be in here.I am only joking anyway, if I were serious I would have one on my truck but I opted not to just more money that can be better spent.I would have way more to say about a few more trucks that have some mods I don't care for, Anyway why are you complaining to me about something I said about someone elses truck......

Old 09-04-2009, 12:07 PM
topgun
Captain

According to AllPar, the USA Sports get the painted grille for 2010. Laramies also will have the option to get flares with the monotone paint scheme.

Old 09-04-2009, 06:26 PM
kddsRam
Veteran

Just installed mine from moparparts did not get the R/T emblem though. He asked if I wanted the R/T since 'most of the guys' from the forum were getting it...

What a great mod, can't believe I waited this long, I think it looks 1000 x better than the chrome one on the Sport.

Old 09-04-2009, 07:42 PM
Doc Fluty
Banned

Originally Posted by topgun
According to AllPar, the USA Sports get the painted grille for 2010. Laramies also will have the option to get flares with the monotone paint scheme.
monotone flares could be interesting

Old 09-04-2009, 08:55 PM
tombogue09
Captain

Color match grille is a must on sports. I talked my brother in getting rid of that chrome thing for his det. yellow sport. Looks so much better.

IMG_0143.jpg?t=1252112022

Old 09-04-2009, 10:12 PM
War Horse
All Star

Interesting use of the Lone Star/Big Horn billet inserts. Now you just gotta talk him into debadging it.

Old 09-05-2009, 12:40 AM
72combo
Champion

Originally Posted by tombogue09
Color match grille is a must on sports. I talked my brother in getting rid of that chrome thing for his det. yellow sport. Looks so much better.

Still need to black out the grill like the Canadian grilles are. especially on yellow or black.

Old 09-05-2009, 12:52 AM
tombogue09
Captain

Yeah I'm trying to get him to debadge it but he's reluctant. I barely got him to get rid of that grill. He's not much into the modding stuff.

The chrome billets came with the grill we got from hensons. I wished they were black at first but he's never changing the wheels so I figure the chrome billets are good accents for the wheels

If it was my truck every piece of chrome (wheels included) would all be black. It would look so awesome. I would also throw some 4000k hids on it

Last edited by tombogue09; 09-05-2009 at 12:55 AM.

Quick Reply: Sport grille Canada vs US trucks