4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

should i load the rer 2.042 update

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 12:13 PM
seigell
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 72combo
I have the REN ... and my version is 9.293 from the factory...
That's a newer version than even Unofficial MyGig Site has on record (but does have hints in its forums). Can I assume that you ended up with this newest update as part of your trials/tribulations with the 2nd Dealership ?? Does your Work Order / Receipt list anything that can help us identify the code to request for same upgrade ??

Have you figured out what is "new" in that MyGig REN software update ?? Or is the REN still too "new to you" to tell any specific differences ??

There has been an update for the RER "Nav MyGig" since the Bankruptcy (or at least reported as "new since..."), but this is the "first confirmed sighting" I've heard for those of us with REN "Non-Nav MyGig". This could be good news - indicating that Chrysler isn't leaving us dead-ended as the "New Chrysler" looks to change suppliers from Harmon-Becker to Alpine. (Admittedly, there are several aspects of the REN which could use some improvements.)

Old 09-18-2009, 02:42 PM
GMONEY126
Rookie

Originally Posted by hemiken
Try this:

RER_2.042

This is an unofficial release so thats why itis not on the main page.

I uploaded it. Everything seems to be working fine. New start up logo and some slight changes to the 'operator' voice commands but all in all not much new. Does show a bluetooth logo when the phone is connected and better call and name display. There's a feature on the nav to remove all symbols and just have the map screen if you prefer.

Seems to be a legit update. Thankfully.

Old 09-18-2009, 10:57 PM
hemiken
Amateur

Originally Posted by GMONEY126
I uploaded it. Everything seems to be working fine. New start up logo and some slight changes to the 'operator' voice commands but all in all not much new. Does show a bluetooth logo when the phone is connected and better call and name display. There's a feature on the nav to remove all symbols and just have the map screen if you prefer.

Seems to be a legit update. Thankfully.
Glad it worked out for you. Does it seem to be faster than the previous
one?

Old 09-18-2009, 11:42 PM
GMONEY126
Rookie

Originally Posted by hemiken
Glad it worked out for you. Does it seem to be faster than the previous
one?

It does seem to be a bit quicker now that you mention it but I havent really given it a long enough evaluation. My stereo would cut out now and again for a couple seconds at a time, I assumed because of the lockpick...but I haven't noticed a cutting out since the update - might have just gotten lucky with the timing as I haven't driven much in the last couple days.

Last edited by GMONEY126; 09-18-2009 at 11:45 PM.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:51 AM
renos09
Veteran

I am unable to burn a copy of the updated 2.042, can somebody please mail me a cd copy and some instructions, I'll pay for the stamp....and envelope. Thanks, Sal

Old 10-08-2009, 03:22 AM
GMONEY126
Rookie
Default One bad thing about it...

One thing that isn't right is my contact list on my iphone downloads everytime I get into the car so the voice command for calling someone in your phonebook doesn't work until the entire phonebook has been downloaded. It takes about 45 minutes for my complete contact list to download and this is straight with the vehicle on the whole time. If you shut the vehicle off at any point it will restart the download.

Previously it would only download new contacts after the contact list had been initially downloaded.

Old 10-08-2009, 03:24 AM
jeremys88
Rookie

sorry guys, i know it's a little off topic...but how do i know whether i have an RER or REN..

Old 10-08-2009, 11:34 AM
hemiken
Amateur

Originally Posted by jeremys88
sorry guys, i know it's a little off topic...but how do i know whether i have an RER or REN..

Look on the bottom right corner of your radio.

Quick Reply: should i load the rer 2.042 update