4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Lifetime Wrap Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 01:14 PM
wellstep
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry for the delay in my reply wanted to make sure was all legit before I recommended it to anyone else but I fianlly bit the bullet and purchased today.

The site is http://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/

I dealt with Michael Case his email is sales@factoryplans.com

Dealership is in Michigan

Anyone has any other questions please feel free to PM me.

Old 09-22-2009, 04:13 PM
capsfloyd
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I paid 1800 for the max care [ life time ] with 100.00 deduc. from the dealer in plano texas

Old 09-22-2009, 04:57 PM
BPbbq

Here is a web site I found while researching warranty options. There is a wide range of prices and you must be careful to get the most for your money. (This rarely translates to "buy the cheapest"). I am learning alot about the pricing on these warrantys, but I am still trying to decide if I want to get rid of the 7/70000 ext "wrap" plan that I purchased for $1895 when I bought my truck. I probably will because after seeing these other prices that seems very high. One of the biggest problems I have is taking my truck to a dealer. They closed the one that I trusted most, and closest. A mechanic also told me to watch for plans that put a cap on labor rates, most plans do this and you end up paying your deductible plus the extra rate. I guess I am just saying what most people know, spend your hard earned money wisely!
http://www.carbuyingtips.com/warranty.htm

Old 09-23-2009, 08:45 PM
iskybantilus
Professional

would anyone mind emailing / faxing / posting a copy of the actual service contract recieved after purchasing the life time maximum care wrap. just curious to see the fine print

Old 09-23-2009, 11:25 PM
HEMICrew
Rookie
Default I just bought mine..

If you have question about where I bought it, let me know. I paid $1675 with a $100 deductible and just received the paperwork last week. It's an incredible deal for unlimited miles and unlimited years...it's the Lifetime Max Care warranty.

Jason

Old 09-24-2009, 06:53 PM
iskybantilus
Professional

i am curious how its worded for replacement of all 5000+ components, as in are wear and tear counted or only complete failure. for example is says it covers shocks and springs ... well, those two things will wear out, and the shock wont absorb shock as well and the spring will sag ... is that covered, or only if they physically crack/break?

that is why i asked if someone would scan and email/post their contract, or fax it to me to look over before i sign up for my own. i guess i could call the dealership as well, but figured someone might already have it scanned in.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:22 PM
wellstep
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't recieved mine yet but I think there are copies either on this forum or on web I did read one prior to signing up as far as I could see it does not mention anything about wear my neighbor has the coverage on his 06 3500 dually this summer he had 47000 on the truck took it to dealer before a road trip and they replaced front axles, tie rods, calipers, and a few other things was probably about 2K worth of work he paid his $100 deductable and that was it. That was when I started to seriously think about it I also got the added care on my wifes Magnum.

Old 09-25-2009, 12:59 PM
savage_46
Professional

Originally Posted by wellstep
However I can get the Chrysler Service Contract on line from a dealer out of state and from what I understand they have to honor it at any Chrysler dealer.
we honor any kind of chrysler warranty at our shop regardless of what kind it is or where they bought it, or how much is remaining. a chrysler warranty is supported at any chrysler/dodge/jeep certified repair shop (kind of required by law).
as someone else mentioned, there are different deductibles for leftime max care (and maybe others). i know theres $0, 50, & 100. might even be a $200. the deduct will not change for the life of the contract.

Quick Reply: Lifetime Wrap Warranty