4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Fog light fuse?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 10:17 PM
evotuner
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fog light fuse?

Ok, I have about had it with my HID lights. As of right now I am not saying where I got my kit, as long as they do me right. Before I start, I used to install remote starts and stereos for 10 years, so a simple HID install isn't rocket science to me.

Started off when I wired up my HID's 2 months ago, they wouldn't work. At all. I called the company, they said "try to swap the pos w/ the neg" on the ballast. I did and it worked. Since this was a "plug and play" kit, why would I have to do that? Anyway...

2 months go by, boom, my driver's side headlight goes out. I call the company. They told me to check see if it is the bulb or ballast. I told them I would have to pull the headlight assembly/grill out, and since I have the fog light kit, can I just swap the plugs at the ballast? They said yes, the ballasts are universal. They said they had a bad batch of ballasts go out on accident, so that could be the case.

I go to swap wire harnesses at the ballast. The plugs look identical, but they don't fit quite right. Anyway, it is acting like the ballast AND the blub is bad. Then, I try one last time and POOF. Passenger's side fog light goes out. So now, out of 2 headlights and 2 fog lights, I have 1 freaking light working. I am guessing I blew the fuse on the fogs, but I can't find the fuse under the fuse block next to the battery. Am I missing something? I have about had it, about ready to send the HID kits back for my money, it isn't worth the hassle.

The price is good, so far the customer service is ok, but this is rediculous!
Any help is appreciated.

Quick Reply: Fog light fuse?