4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Bed Liner Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 01:36 PM
JYD
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Bed Liner Opinions

There may already be a thread on this topic some place but I can't find it. I need to have a bed liner installed and I would prefer spray-in. A forum I found from a while back said Line-X is the way to go but that was from like March 2000 and I'm sure Rhino Liner would have improved their product by now??

Anyways, any opinions on the subject would help. Price doesn't matter I just really want the best product that is guaranteed to do its job and do it well.

Old 11-17-2009, 02:33 PM
CarterT1975
Professional

Line X is the way to go, but a drop in is the only way to maintain your warranty for the bed of your truck.

Old 11-17-2009, 03:17 PM
kevinc66
Professional

Originally Posted by CarterT1975
Line X is the way to go, but a drop in is the only way to maintain your warranty for the bed of your truck.
Yea I got the Line X, nice product. As far as the warranty on the bed goes, I figured by the time that thing would rust out, I would have something else, hopefully lol lol.

Old 11-17-2009, 04:27 PM
stvsherrod
Professional

pretty sure a drop in is actually bad for your bed.. it will rub the paint off and make it rust even faster... i have had line x and rhino and i really like the line x better.... the line x seemed more tough and durable and the rhino was really soft.. sliding a cherry picker (engine lifter) into the bed of the truck took about a 3-4 inch chunk out of my rhino liner... i took it to the rhino dealer to get it fixed..... i couldn't belive it when he came outside with goop on his finger and smeared it into the gouge.. i didn't know how he was going to fix it but seeing that, i will never buy a rhino liner again..

Old 11-17-2009, 05:03 PM
War Horse
All Star

Line X

Old 11-17-2009, 05:09 PM
72combo
Champion

Get a bed rug it is as durable as any drop in and cleans up with a pressure washer and the best part it doesn't wiggle around and wear out the paint, it is velcroed in. Also very comfortable to have a nap on it has heavy foam that makes the bad flat. Also no junk falls in between the tailgate and the sill and causing scratches because the mat comes right across onto the tailgate. Sweet and very nice looking check the mopar or get it cheaper on ebay.
Not as easy to install as a plastic one but also no wrestling.

Old 01-31-2010, 11:07 PM
browntristan

i actually just got my '10 ram 4x4 line-x'd this weekend. I love it, but what i dont love is the plastic caps that cover the bed rails and tail gate. I tried to remove one, to see what it looked like underneath as i was going to just get the sides done anyways, but there were so many ridges the guy didnt want to do it. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Old 02-01-2010, 08:08 AM
jayman84
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by browntristan
i actually just got my '10 ram 4x4 line-x'd this weekend. I love it, but what i dont love is the plastic caps that cover the bed rails and tail gate. I tried to remove one, to see what it looked like underneath as i was going to just get the sides done anyways, but there were so many ridges the guy didnt want to do it. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?
you have to leave those in place. They use holes in the top rails to hold them in place so if you did take them off then you would have the holes for the usual stake pockets plus a bunch of small holes that the plastic uses to hold it down. As ugly as they are, they have to stay unless you want to do a bunch of body work to fill the mounting holes.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:23 AM
briansg

Originally Posted by browntristan
someone else on this forum had the spray in liner sprayed over the plastic caps, it looked good

Old 02-01-2010, 08:55 PM
Ironhead
Professional

I like the dualiner. It has plastic sides and rubber mat bottom. Best part is nothing slides around on the rubber mat. It can be shipped to your house since it comes in 5 pieces.

Quick Reply: Bed Liner Opinions