4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

RAM 1500 sport or lone star?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 07:48 PM
mikemoke
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RAM 1500 sport or lone star?

Hello, I'm planning to puchase a RAM 1500 4*4 but I was wondering what could be the diffrences between a sport package and a lones star edition with hemi and premium seat. Is anybody heard about the NVG 246 transfer case and is it available for 2010 as an option or standard? I know that this case is standard on Laramie. Thank you

Old 11-26-2009, 11:03 AM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Sport has

Chrome clad wheels
Painted bumpers, mirrors
Center console (Lone Star may have that)
Leather trimmed seats
Several interior options included in sport package

Lone Star is the same as a Big Horn, so if you can find pics you will see for yourself the differences.

Old 11-26-2009, 02:58 PM
matt3
Professional

The Sport has a more refined interior such as the leather trimmed seats and a stitched dash a little nicer than the Lone Star but, also more expensive. The Lone Star has silver painted aluminum wheels where the Sport are chrome (clad) and it's painted bumpers vs chrome on the Lone Star.

I like them both and since the Sport was more money, I went with my Bighorn since that was already at the upper end of my spending limit. I'm happy with mine!

Old 11-26-2009, 11:11 PM
Oosik
Professional

If I had the money I would have got the sport, but it was a little out of my price range for my first new vehicle. I like my Lone Star, and it's nice because I get some of the nicer perks from the packages but not all of them that I didn't need. I'm looking at converting to painted bumpers once I figure out if it's possible and cost effective.

Old 11-27-2009, 01:07 AM
matt3
Professional

Originally Posted by Oosik
If I had the money I would have got the sport, but it was a little out of my price range for my first new vehicle. I like my Lone Star, and it's nice because I get some of the nicer perks from the packages but not all of them that I didn't need. I'm looking at converting to painted bumpers once I figure out if it's possible and cost effective.
Possible yes, cost effective..... Doubt it.

Old 11-27-2009, 08:27 AM
jonthefireman

Really depends on which Lone Star edition your looking at. My LS Ed is just a step below the Laramie, has every gadget just short of leather which I didn't really want anyway. If you want heated seats, the $250 upgrade is easy to install in the regular cloth seats.

Old 11-27-2009, 09:38 AM
topgun
Captain

I think your main decision is do you want the painted bumpers or chrome. Once you decide that, then option the truck out the way you want with what you can comfortably afford.

Old 11-27-2009, 11:43 AM
oldjeep
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Around here, the Big Horn is just a chrome/badge package that doesn't have much to do with the other equipment on the truck.

Old 11-27-2009, 02:12 PM
matt3
Professional

Originally Posted by oldjeep
Around here, the Big Horn is just a chrome/badge package that doesn't have much to do with the other equipment on the truck.
Besides that you get premium cloth, power seat, 20" wheels, dual exhaust, fog lamps, some other crap, and of course badge and chrome stuff

Old 11-27-2009, 09:48 PM
oldjeep
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You forgot about the cheesy looking chrome push bar - unless that is something the local dealer is slapping on their Big Horns.

Quick Reply: RAM 1500 sport or lone star?