4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-13-2015, 07:56 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Ram Premium Sound System - Alpine 9-speaker - question

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 03:09 AM
hemirae
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lasstss
Reference 3022cf fit perfect.
I only recall there being one in the center. I did not change the ones in the roof however. Its a bit brighter. I did phase them all with an ohm meter. I also put an MB quart in the sub box. Required major surgery and unfortunately doesn't sound any better. The driver that was in there is actually pretty good.
Thanks for the reply, I was hoping you have the kappa - would like to know how they fit 'coz crutchfiled says the kappa does not fit. The top height of kappa is only 1/16 higher than reference.

Old 06-13-2010, 04:10 AM
Doc Fluty
Banned

I put Hertz components in my doors... took the higher range sound from the dash and incorporated them in the doors... my dual 10" RE subs in the back push my bass

really makes for a nice system after that lol

Old 06-14-2010, 08:07 PM
stimleck
Default Its not that bad

Its only 5-700 extra which is the cost of 1 aftermarket sub and box.
Crank up the bass to 9-its a good sub and can handle it easily plus the door speakers have a low enough crossover that they provide some punch when the bass is cranked.
Move the fader to slightly ``rear``
the vocals are supposed to be coming from the front, it`s called staging.
Imagine if you are in the front row at a concert, would you hear vocals behind you?
The roof speakers are for rear passenger staging

Old 05-21-2014, 05:11 PM
bdkennedy1

So glad I found this forum. I just got a 2011 Laramie and I thought the front speakers were broken. Maybe they are? I can't hear anything coming out of them. When I move the fader all the way to the front, I only hear audio coming from the dash speaker.

This sucks. DVD surround sound is great - if you're driving from the back seat.

Old 05-26-2014, 01:28 PM
NV290
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When i bought my 11' recently i was initially bummed out it did not have the 9 speaker system because i was not loving the 6 speaker system at all. However, after buying the Kicker upgrade speakers (all 6) and changing out the head unit plus adding a 40 watt amp and a sub with a 200 watt amp, i am blown away with the sound. I have since heard the factory 9 speaker system on someone elses truck and it certainly has much to be desired.

The Mopar Kicker upgrade speakers are well worth the money and installation is a breeze with absolutely no wires to cut, no spacers, no fitment issues at all. I installed all 6 in well under an hour. They also have a 1 year warranty from any Dodge dealer which makes any issues much less of a headache. The dash gets tweeters with built in crossovers. The front doors get 1 way 6x9's and the rear doors get 2 way 6x9's. I installed the speakers before i replaced the head unit, added the sub or amps. The speakers alone make a world of difference.

Quick Reply: Ram Premium Sound System - Alpine 9-speaker - question