4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

MDS off

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 06:48 PM
mtabbert
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MDS off

I purchased the Diablo Sport Trinity at Christmas time. Last week I purchased a Magnaflow exhaust system. When the MDS kicks on, it sounds like crap. I used the Trinity to disable the MDS. The 'fuel saver' light still comes on as normal. I'm positive it is turned off but the display still shows that it is on. Does anyone have any clue why?

Old 01-26-2010, 01:30 AM
72combo
Champion

I would like to know is there a way to shut it down without a programmer

Old 01-26-2010, 06:02 PM
kddsRam
Veteran

This is kind of confirming what I noticed after the last dealer reflash. The original factory tune has the fuel saved light tied exactly to when MDS kicked in. After the last dealer reflash, I immediately noticed it appears to be more tied to accelerator pedal pressure, regardless of whether it kicks into MDS.

Old 01-26-2010, 08:57 PM
mtabbert
Default propaganda

I agree with 'kddsRam'. I took my truck in to have the mirror replaced, and the dealer claimed to do some "updates". I have noticed that the 'fuel saver' light kicks on much more frequently. I have a feeling that the indicator light is indepentent of actual MDS activation. I am waiting for a reply from Diablo Sport on the whether or not the Trinity is functioning properly when I program it for MDS OFF. But I think the whole fuel saver thing is propaganda.