4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

heated and cooled seats, where and how

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 10:10 AM
pacific nw guy
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default heated and cooled seats, where and how

where does the heat/cool end? on the front seats there is a line that goes under your thigh, does the heating and cooling only work before this line?

also when you use the remote start the manual states that when it is cold the heated seats and steering wheel automatically turn on the same for cooling. is there a preset temp the truck turns them on and off at? Or do I have to leave them on when I get out of the truck, the manual states it is automatic,

Old 01-29-2010, 10:21 AM
pacific nw guy
Professional
Default ok i did another search

and answered part of my question on the thresh hold...

one more, has anyone who feels they dont get warm enough taken this to the dealership to be checked? and if so what was the result?

Old 01-29-2010, 12:42 PM
Secret Agent Man
Captain

My heated seats get too hot for me on high, but then again, I have the non cooled leather seats in my Laramie. Perhaps the heating element is closer to the surface without the cooling feature... The manual states the thresholds for the automatic turn on feature with remote start. You can activate/deactivate this auto feature in your EVIC. Also the heating and cooling only works for the back half of the seat and the lower half of the seat back.

Old 01-29-2010, 05:06 PM
wolfmark
Rookie

Interestingly, I got a survey just a day ago from Dodge regarding my heated/ventilated seats.

Old 01-29-2010, 07:35 PM
Rumbles1960

the setting using the EVIC is called "comfort start", it would be turned on for winter weather and off for summer. I find the high setting for the heated seats too hot to leave on for any length of time.

Old 01-29-2010, 09:11 PM
pacific nw guy
Professional
Default me too

Originally Posted by wolfmark
Interestingly, I got a survey just a day ago from Dodge regarding my heated/ventilated seats.
i rec'd the same survey and I assume only those with the bucket seats that are heated and cooled dont get the greater levels of heat. over the past few years I have had experience with a lot of heated seats and these are at the lower end of the heat spectrum. not bad but they definitely could be hotter.

Quick Reply: heated and cooled seats, where and how