4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-14-2015, 07:12 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Towing & Hauling Guides
Print Wikipost

The complete story on the Trailer Brake Controller on 2010 Models.

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 08:50 PM
itaintachev
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you get the info please post it.. that would be great!

Old 06-23-2010, 02:11 AM
1500TRX
Rookie

For the 2009 modules in theory it should work minus the EVIC showing up. I ordered al the parts, was able to get the pigtail connectors that connects into the trailer brake controller. I'm not worried about the EVIC showing anything I just want the brakes to function.

The larger is a 4-pin connector (green, yellow-red, white-purple, green-white) that should be able to be soldered to the blue connector electric brake kit with leads labeled (light blue-trailer brakes, white/red trace-vehicle brake, black-ground, red-12 volt 30 amp) This is similar to an aftermarket controller.

I just need to access dealer connect at work to see what the trailer brake controller pig tail leads are color coded for exactlt then match them up & solder them together.

BTW: the dark slate bezel# 1EB13TRMAA

Old 06-23-2010, 09:51 AM
TI 3VOM
Veteran

Originally Posted by 1500TRX
I ordered al the parts, was able to get the pigtail connectors that connects into the trailer brake controller.........

The larger is a 4-pin connector (green, yellow-red, white-purple, green-white) that should be able to be soldered to the blue connector electric brake kit with leads labeled (light blue-trailer brakes, white/red trace-vehicle brake, black-ground, red-12 volt 30 amp) This is similar to an aftermarket controller.

Where did you pick up the connectors? When I was doing mine, the large one was available, but the smaller of the two was an N/A item? Got a part number?

The larger connector is just like a aftermarket unit. The controller won't work with only them hooked up. The 3 other wires on the smaller plug are a switched power, canbus+ and canbus-. That is where everyone who has tried hardwiring in a controller to an '09 has had issues. You can tie into the lines, but it doesn't seem to connect. And if it doesn't, the controller won't work, nevermind showing in the EVIC, it just won't function other then showing a canbus fault. Hopefully, you can get it to work, I think many '09 guys would love that....

Old 06-24-2010, 02:00 AM
1500TRX
Rookie

I went on dealer connect tonight and got the wiring diagram of what is what in relation to the brake module itself and solder to the pigtail from the module. You can't get the pigtails, I had to call in a favor on someone who builds them at JCI (vendor) off an old damaged harness.

I just figured I would give it a shot and try anyway.

Yellow/red= Fused + 12 volt
White= brake lamp switch output
Dark green= trailer tow brake
Black/dark green= ground

The other three you refer to on the smaller connector are:
white/light blue= can bus(-)
white/light green= can bus(+)
pink/light green= ignition run/start control output.

All taken from dealer connect: C10C5-92 Electronic trailer brake accelormeter-performance or incorrect operation pages (1-5)

Last edited by 1500TRX; 06-24-2010 at 02:02 AM.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:49 PM
TI 3VOM
Veteran

I think it will be interesting to see an '09 guy wire it in and then hit the dealer now. Seeing as how they can make the '10's 'see' it, maybe the flash would work with the '09's.

Old 06-24-2010, 03:50 PM
TI 3VOM
Veteran

Originally Posted by 1500TRX
You can't get the pigtails, I had to call in a favor on someone who builds them at JCI (vendor) off an old damaged harness.

I hope this works for you but if not.... I would be interested in buying the small connector from you!

Old 06-24-2010, 09:01 PM
HD HEMI
Default Ram Trailer Brake Controller

Question? Got my truck flashed for my newly installed integrated brake controller today and just want to know if it is operating properly. The only time it appears in the EVIC is when you reach down and apply trailer brakes manually then it comes up and shows brake setting then goes away after a few seconds. I thought it would be something you could select and have on the EVIC all the time you were pulling a trailer for reference not just when done manually. Please let me know how everyone else's works.
thanks jeff

Old 06-24-2010, 09:32 PM
HD HEMI

Originally Posted by yotaman96
That doesn't sound right to me. The programming makes it just like they come from the factory. Can't see why it would would be more liability than if ordered that way.
your dealer doesn't know what they are doing. had mine done today and its working fine not blocked by Dodge. not sure how they did it but they did it and it was their first one so tell your dealer to try harder.

Old 06-24-2010, 09:35 PM
HD HEMI

Originally Posted by 03vulcan
Well I got my module yesterday, put it in myself in the dealer lot. I showed them these instructions to flash to make evic work. The bus would not pick it up and acitvate it. It said it was there but would not activate right. They call ed Dodge and appears they have made so it will not work. My mfg date is 3-10.

they said liability issue as someone had a problem and all trailer brakes locked. I wonder if htey just chnaged the program capability. The dealer tried very hard and I was htere the whole time they tried to program and talked to DOge tech asst.

ANy one else know anything else or a secret it took to program.
your dealer doesn't know what they are doing. had mine done today and its working fine not blocked by Dodge. not sure how they did it but they did it and it was their first one so tell your dealer to try harder

Old 06-24-2010, 09:37 PM
HD HEMI

Originally Posted by itaintachev
Is there anything anyone can assist me in telling the dealer? I called them today and they called me back telling me there is nothing to update. They said after talking to Dodge Techs there is no brake controlelr for the 1500 thus no flash update. Well, I have the controller in the truck and it appears to be working fine. Anyways, is there anything special I can tell them to pull up or look up or anything for them to find it?
your dealer doesn't know what they are doing. had mine done today and its working fine not blocked by Dodge. not sure how they did it but they did it and it was their first one so tell your dealer to try harder. sorry i couldn't be more help though.

Quick Reply: The complete story on the Trailer Brake Controller on 2010 Models.