4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Safety Recall Notice - just received.

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 11:25 AM
USAF1
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Safety Recall Notice - just received.

Just received "Safety Recall K08" in mail for "Wireless Ignition Node Receiver". It says, "The Wireless Ignition Node (WIN) receiver on your vehicle (gives my vin) may experience a condition where the Frequency Operated Button Integrated Key (FOBIK) may be removed prior to placing the transmission gear shift lever in the Park position. This could result in unintended vehicle movement and cause a crash without warning." Then it goes on to say to bring it in with both "keys" and should take about 1/2 hour. Says it affects 2010 Ram trucks (and a bunch of other Chrysler products) with automatic transmissions. Didn't know you could get it any other way than with an automatic. Anyway, just thought I'd pass it on for what its worth......

Old 08-27-2010, 10:22 PM
HEMICOWBOY
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got mine today too.I think some of the jeeps in the recall have the option of having a manual transmission.

Old 08-28-2010, 11:53 AM
BigBlueEdge
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was at the dealer yesterday for the brake line recall. I asked them to check on my vehicle for other recalls like this one and they didn't find anything showing based on my VIN.

As for the auto trans thing, the recall could apply to other vehicles like Challengers that come with manual trans, which is why they word it that way.

Rob

Old 08-29-2010, 05:36 AM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Check out the FAQ section. The complete recall details are in that section.

Quick Reply: Safety Recall Notice - just received.