4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Customer satisfaction notification k17

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 10:07 PM
DavGav
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Customer satisfaction notification k17

Hi, i did my once in a while look at the dodge Recall site http://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/...2Findex_en.jsp After I punch in my VIN it gave me this notice. You might want to check and see if your Truck is affected. Mine goes in on Wednesday
Cheers,
REPROGRAM HVAC CONTROL HEAD AND INSPECT/REPLACE ACTUATORS
Dear: (Name)
At Chrysler Group LLC, you can be assured that we are changing the way we look at quality. To prove
our commitment to quality, the company is investing in and prioritizing improvements for every vehicle
that we build. As part of that commitment, we are also targeting existing vehicles on the road today and
contacting our customers to provide these quality improvements, at no charge, that will help to improve
your ownership satisfaction.
We are recommending the following improvements be performed on some
2009 and 2010 model year
Ram trucks.

Recommended
Service:
The Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) actuator gears on
your vehicle
(VIN: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) may break and result in the inability to
fully control the HVAC functions.

What your dealer
will do:
Chrysler will service your vehicle free of charge (parts and labor).
To do this,
your dealer will update the HVAC control head software and test all of the HVAC
mode door actuators. The software update will take about 1/2 hour to complete. If
there are mode door actuators that need replacing, up to 4 additional hours may be
required. We recommend that you make an appointment with your dealer to
minimize your inconvenience.

What you should
do:
Simply
contact your Chrysler, Jeep, or Dodge dealer, at your convenience, to
schedule a service appointment. Your dealer will collect the necessary information
to ensure that the appropriate parts are available so your service can be completed in
a timely manner. Although not required, we recommend bringing this letter with
you to your dealer, when you bring your vehicle in for this service.

If you need help:
Please contact the Chrysler Customer Assistance Center at 1-800-853-1403.
If you have already experienced this condition and have paid to have it repaired, please send your original
receipts and/or other adequate proof of payment to the following address for reimbursement: Chrysler
Customer Assistance, P.O. Box 21-8007, Auburn Hills, MI 48321-8007, Attention: Reimbursement.
Once we receive and verify the required documents, reimbursement will be sent to you within 3 weeks.
Please help us update our records by filling out the attached prepaid postcard, if any of the conditions
listed on the card apply to your vehicle. You may also update this information on the web at
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
We apologize for any inconvenience this service may cause to your schedule. Moving forward we are
committed to providing our customers with world class quality products, ensuring that you have a
positive dealership experience and following up on any issues and concerns that you may have in a
timely manner through our Customer Assistance Center.
Sincerely,
Customer Service / Field Operations
Chrysler Group LLC

Notification Code K17

Old 10-05-2010, 12:15 AM
mike2810
Captain

Recieved a recall card in the mail from one of the dealerships I use for service. I plan to take my truck in next month when its due for OFL. What is interesting I had the HVAC reprogrammed in sept of 2009. This must be another one or the dealer I used didn't record the work properly.

Old 10-05-2010, 12:31 AM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine went in today for that and the fuel neck check. Both passed, and I got the reprogram. I couldn't see a change anywhere.

Old 10-05-2010, 06:08 AM
MADMAXIN22
Professional

whats the fuel filler neck check?

mine pops out when the weight of the fuel nozzle is on it... asked the dealer, they said it wasnt in all the way and they got it to snap into place... first time getting gas and out it came again

Old 10-05-2010, 11:54 AM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

From what I was being told, that fuel neck problem fixes just what you're describing.

I believe that in the RRT, the tech is supposed to shake the fuel neck after removing the cap checking for a loose connection and if possible, break the clips.

Old 10-05-2010, 06:02 PM
MADMAXIN22
Professional

can anyone on here get that rrt? or a # for it or something. Service is horrible at my local dealer

Old 10-06-2010, 10:51 AM
claydwilli

Thanks for the heads up. Looks like mine needs that too. I was going to take it into them to have them look at the musty smell in the AC anyway so I guess they can do this at the same time.

Now I just have to wait for it to come back form the body shop.

Old 10-06-2010, 04:24 PM
DIVERMAN
Professional

i have the same problem with my filler neck. guess i need to get it checked out.

Old 10-06-2010, 09:07 PM
09 Ram TRX 4 Lover
Professional

Just looked up my Vin on the Dodge site and I have the same recall. But what I found interesting is when it list your vehicle is said it was a SLT which it is not, it is the TRX4 package.

Old 10-06-2010, 11:01 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 09 Ram TRX 4 Lover
Just looked up my Vin on the Dodge site and I have the same recall. But what I found interesting is when it list your vehicle is said it was a SLT which it is not, it is the TRX4 package.
Sports, TRX are all options on an SLT. No different with the Big Horn and Lone Star, maybe even Laramie, have not looked at that one, since they do not come in RC.

I would assume a tuner does not touch the HVAC part of the programming...??? Would hate to get it back home, put my SC back in and loose the fix.

Guess I am calling tomorrow. Good post!

Last edited by CarGuyOhio; 10-06-2010 at 11:05 PM.

Quick Reply: Customer satisfaction notification k17