4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Noisy lifters???

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 04:44 PM
POWER SEDAN
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use BND Automotive products, mostly within my Charger (not being stock) to keep its internals running healthy, some of you here may be on the CF's and know of whom I'm speaking of. Anyway, I use his ACES IV fuel additive in my '09 Ram as well, and one thing I noticed "Greatly" is much less to almost no valve noise (aka Hemi Tick). This after only four applications of ACES IV.

Old 12-05-2010, 07:12 PM
ram09red
Amateur

I got the same ticking noise, however mine does it all the time. Not just at start up. Already went to the dealer and i was told by one of the advisers that the noise is "normal for a hemi".

Old 12-05-2010, 07:52 PM
POWER SEDAN
Captain

Originally Posted by ram09red
I got the same ticking noise, however mine does it all the time. Not just at start up. Already went to the dealer and i was told by one of the advisers that the noise is "normal for a hemi".

Which it is, I had an '05 Ram same issue. Doesn't affect anything performance wise, just an annoying sound at times. The Durango's and Aspen's with the Hemi have had this issue too. The 5.7 valve springs have retainer rings around them, they started using them because of owners over-reving their motors during the early Hemi production.

My '07 Ram had more of a cricket noise coming from the exhaust manifold area, which also part of the same reason, also considered "normal operating sounds."

Old 12-05-2010, 09:23 PM
HEMI5150
Veteran

Originally Posted by POWER SEDAN
Which it is, I had an '05 Ram same issue. Doesn't affect anything performance wise, just an annoying sound at times. The Durango's and Aspen's with the Hemi have had this issue too. The 5.7 valve springs have retainer rings around them, they started using them because of owners over-reving their motors during the early Hemi production.

My '07 Ram had more of a cricket noise coming from the exhaust manifold area, which also part of the same reason, also considered "normal operating sounds."
If you`re hearing ticking from the exhaust manifold area, call your dealer and ask them about the "exhaust bolt bulletin" for the hemi`s, i`m pretty sure this bulletin is also covering the 2009 and the 2010 (as well as your old 2007)

Last edited by HEMI5150; 12-05-2010 at 09:26 PM.

Quick Reply: Noisy lifters???