4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

CarGuyOhio Superchips Shift Schedule

Old 12-06-2010, 05:09 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default CarGuyOhio Superchips Shift Schedule

***DISCLAIMER** I am not responsible for damage that this schedule or a modified version of this schedule may do to your truck.

I grabbed one of the 2010 schedules as a base and went to work from there.

http://mcfail.net/superchips/5.7L%20schedules/

Attached soon will be the schedule I ran for the past 4 months. It should be noted I have a 2009 Hemi RC 4x4 with 3.92s, 20s and stock rubber size. I was told gearing should not matter, but not sure how it would not. In any event here are my comments.

1. You WILL loose a little MPGs, about .5
2. It would be better with MDS off
3. When in 25MPH zones (ie going 28-30) if you nudge it to 30, let off and roll it will shift to 4th, you can then cruise at 28-30 and stay in 4th. other wise you are in 3rd.
4. 35MPH zones you will be in 4th
5. 45MPG zones... Take it up to 48-50, let off and roll for a second, you will then hit 5th and can cruise in 5th. I have had it shift to 5th without letting off, but usually with a tail wind or slight downgrade.
6. When the temps got cold (32ish) this schedule has the same flaw as the base Diablo did (I had a very early Diablo). When going 45-50 and putting the hammer down the truck would "search" for the downshift. It would try to go to 1st, then decide not to, then try, then not... Eventaully would and go like a bat out of hell. The stock SC schedule does not do this... Which leads to....
7. Now that we are getting snow and the streets are slick, but does not need 4WD I had to go back to SC schedule. The up shift between 1st and 2nd happens later and therefore harder. The back tires would occasionally breaking loose when I did not want them to.
8. In the summer, when not trying to get to a nice cruising speed/gear, in other words taking advantage of the new schedule the shifts are firm, the RPMs are great and it is a totally different truck.

Also note in the Excel sheet... I have the TM at 6%. This is what the schedule on the 10 based had and I did not tinker with it.

Now... I can not currently attach any docs and no longer have a web hosting spot (for now). I can not attach as all my space is tied up in DIY's from back in my admin days. Working on getting that fixed, but if someone else want to attach send me your E-mail and I will E-mail it to you. If not once I can attach again I will put it in here....

Old 12-06-2010, 09:49 PM
dustin72
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I modified the "least aggressive" of the three 2009 shift schedules on my 2010. I backed off the up and downshifts a bit and found a pretty good setup. Reading your comments, I think we have very similar setups. I also had to revert to the SC shift schedule, like you, for winter driving as I also found some unwanted breaking loose when up shifting and downshifting. How do you like the 6% TM? Mine is at 8% right now. The shifts are much better than stock, but I would still like a quicker/firmer shift, which I think you can only get with an aftermarket shift kit for the trans.

Old 12-06-2010, 10:44 PM
CarGuyOhio

I would have to put TM at 8 to compare, but I would not do that b4 spring. As mentioned, I did not tinker with that. I made some ever so slight changes to the other parameters to try to get a better DD experience over the schedule I grabbed out of the 2010 section of the before mentioned site. Before I tinkered getting it to go into 5th in those 45MPH zones was a pain.

All I can tell you is @ 6 when warmer there is no lag and it hits hard on shifts when on the gas.

Still looking for someone to E-mail the file to so they can attach. I have yet to hear back from admin on the site.

Last edited by CarGuyOhio; 12-06-2010 at 10:46 PM.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:47 PM
dustin72
Professional

Another thing I noticed with the modified shift schedules is that the torque converter did not want to lock up on the highway unless I sped up to 130km/h+ and then let off. If I was traveling down a slight decent it would then shift on its own. Once I figured out how to get it to lock up it was OK, but still very annoying to make a point of checking my cruising rpms to make sure I'm locked up for decent mileage.

Old 12-08-2010, 01:23 AM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CarGuyOhio

Still looking for someone to E-mail the file to so they can attach. I have yet to hear back from admin on the site.
chris@adoptanerd.net

Also, might I recommend that you try Rapid Share?

Old 12-08-2010, 04:39 PM
CarGuyOhio

I will have my own space once moved.

I will send it over tonight late.... Bowling after work.

Old 12-08-2010, 09:59 PM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Shift Schedule

The following link is CarGuyOhio's shift schedule.

http://rapidshare.com/files/43579318...t_Schedule.xls

Lance, I couldn't attach it through the forum because the .xls is an invalid file for the site. We have not updated that yet....

Old 12-09-2010, 03:09 AM
stmfttr05
Amateur

what option do you choose to do this once the superchips is connected to your truck? all i get is the superchips standard options.

Old 12-14-2010, 09:14 AM
CarGuyOhio

The shift schedule is an add on. Run your update. Somewhere in there you can buy it.

Old 12-25-2010, 05:26 PM
hpc3

Is this available on both the Cortex and Flashpaq? Any difference between these two other than the warranty on the Cortex? TIA.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CarGuyOhio Superchips Shift Schedule