4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

thieves damaged my door handle :(

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 07:43 PM
milestone
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thieves damaged my door handle :(

I posted the other day about my door handle not working, it was dark outside when I was looking at the problem, I just assumed that the connector had popped out inside on its own.

Well, turns out I missed the fact that someone had tried to break in to my truck and damaged the handle, bent the door, and sratched it all up, brand new truck too... now in the light I see the extent of the damage I wonder how much this would cost to get fixed properly? it's hard to see in the picture but they reefed on it pretty good so that the door is bent behind the handle so the handle actually sits off of it's proper spot by a good quarter inch. you can see the hole they punched right through which is probably what ended up knocking the arm out of its spot inside.

thieves damaged my door handle :(-edp0j.jpg

Old 12-16-2010, 07:45 PM
oldjeep
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ouch. Best bet is to take it to a body shop you trust and get an estimate from them. Hopefully your insurance will cover most of it.

Old 12-16-2010, 07:47 PM
bryce05

WOW thats suck, **** like thats is going on eevery where good and bad areas, Times a tuff I feel for ya my wifes car got broken into an a lot off stuff stolen.

Old 12-16-2010, 07:51 PM
Gary C.
Veteran

I feel your pain brother... Last month some anti-hunter keyed the entire side of my truck from headlight to taillight... even took care to get the gas cap door. $2,000 repair bill.

Head for a good body shop and get it done right, you won't sleep otherwise!

Old 12-17-2010, 03:58 PM
09 Ram TRX 4 Lover
Professional

Man I am Sorry. Its pretty sad in these times some a-- hole has to ruin someone elses equipment.

Old 12-17-2010, 06:20 PM
TRXHemi
Record Breaker

Jeez, I absolutely HATE seeing thes types of threads. Someone did that **** to my 2008.....it just pisses me off when some jack-wad screws with other people's stuff!

Old 12-17-2010, 06:23 PM
areinike
Veteran

That's crap, man! I have 2003 and in 2005, someone (looks like) Jammed a screwdriver between the door handle and the body to unlock the truck. Maybe my thieves were more "professional" scums. That's when they ripped out my ashtray full of loose change. Didn't really hurt much, handle is loose a little, but still sucks a big donkey ... sometimes I think that leaving your truck unlocked is less damaging. If someone wants to get into your truck, they will. Leaving your truck unlocked will cause less damage as they're going to steal your s*** anyway.

Last edited by areinike; 12-17-2010 at 06:27 PM.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:55 PM
Gary C.
Veteran

Originally Posted by areinike
That's crap, man! I have 2003 and in 2005, someone (looks like) Jammed a screwdriver between the door handle and the body to unlock the truck. Maybe my thieves were more "professional" scums. That's when they ripped out my ashtray full of loose change. Didn't really hurt much, handle is loose a little, but still sucks a big donkey ... sometimes I think that leaving your truck unlocked is less damaging. If someone wants to get into your truck, they will. Leaving your truck unlocked will cause less damage as they're going to steal your s*** anyway.
That's my biggest fear. Early next year my office is moving from a pretty nice area in an office park to a freakin' ghetto city location because they got a great deal on the space (I think the last tenants were all killed in drive-by's or something) Either way I'm screwed, parking my rig in some inner-city surface lot is gonna be painful. I plan on stashing everything I can out of sight, but I'm worried about the dirtbags who might break into it just to see what's there...

Old 12-18-2010, 04:16 PM
POWER SEDAN
Captain

Son of a b*$%#!!! I absolutely can not understand the low lifes that do this, and why they have to mess with someones elses property that actually earn an honest living. I had this happen to me years ago with my '97 Dakota, would of loved to found the individual responsible for his actions and then tied to my bumper and drag him around a bit on asphalt.

Old 12-19-2010, 12:44 AM
HEMI5150
Veteran

Originally Posted by Gary C.
That's my biggest fear. Early next year my office is moving from a pretty nice area in an office park to a freakin' ghetto city location because they got a great deal on the space (I think the last tenants were all killed in drive-by's or something) Either way I'm screwed, parking my rig in some inner-city surface lot is gonna be painful. I plan on stashing everything I can out of sight, but I'm worried about the dirtbags who might break into it just to see what's there...
Re: "last tenants were killed"
HolyFu_k, where in upstate ny are you at...?????
Bout time to start carryin a fuggin gun, dont ya think...?!?!?!?!?!
Just start shootin these lil fugger`s...!!!!!!!!!!!

My truck is hot wired with a 50,000 volt oil furnace transformer, they`ll only fu_k with my truck just once.
I had a couple neighborhood hoodlum`s found that out already.
I was awoken at 3:am one morning with the sounds of some hoodlum`s screaming as they ran away.
Also have camera`s installed around my property.... and a couple 12ga semi-autos, and my 45auto.
Needless to say, they dont bother me anymore since i pooped on their parade

I feel really bad for the guy`s truck in this post, cause that really sucks....
but its come to a time where everybody needs to go grab up the person(s) responsable for any damages or threats, and just beat the livin FUGG out of them.
Then they need to know that if they even think about retaliating for the azz whoopin they just got, they`ll get dead real quick.

We N-E-E-D to take back our country, one thug or gang at a time...
the way they USE to do it, just k-i-l-l the azzholes, without warning.
The world would be a far better place without them...!

Last edited by HEMI5150; 12-19-2010 at 12:48 AM.

Quick Reply: thieves damaged my door handle :(