4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

leather seats on SLT? can you order them?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 04:55 PM
david052874
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default leather seats on SLT? can you order them?

I went down to the Dodge dealer today and was looking at the Ram 1500 Laramie. I want leather because I have a labrador and he sheds like you wouldnt believe. His fur sticks to the cloth and is a pain to clean.

My old truck has cloth so I decided I wanted leather. When looking at the Brochure for the Ram 1500 it states that only the Laramie comes with Leather....not the SLT. But when I was chatting with the salesman in person he said that they can get the leather seats and swap them out for me on an SLT for a charge. Do you think that is possilbe? I mean...the leather seats are power and may have other features that the standard cloth ones dont have. I am just wondering if the sales guy was full of it or if this can really be done.
Other than him telling me that, i am really not finding much online that says you can do that. Even if I order from the factory I wonder if they can do a "special order" like this so it is installed properly. Any thoughts?

thanks in advance

dave

Old 12-30-2010, 07:15 PM
eclipsems
Professional

Yes, it can be done. I had leather seats installed in my Sport from the dealership when I purchased the truck. Pricey option though.

Old 12-30-2010, 07:59 PM
Ryan Albert
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just priced it for my 2009 Quad Cab which is basically an SLT. The shop wanted $1100 installed. They sell the kits for about $700, not sure if I could do it myself though..

Old 12-30-2010, 08:42 PM
blakeroberts88
Veteran

When I bought my SLT used a few months ago the dealership went through a company called Katzkin to put leather in the truck. They went with all OE specifications and I got to choose the color. Cost about $1200 but it was well worth it and I love it! Makes the seats much more comfortable.

Old 12-30-2010, 10:58 PM
05Dakotaho
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Ryan Albert
I just priced it for my 2009 Quad Cab which is basically an SLT. The shop wanted $1100 installed. They sell the kits for about $700, not sure if I could do it myself though..
It may be easier than you think. I've only removed a front seat-back cover and reinstalled it but the darn things have a pretty simple to install plastic U-clip that fits over a metal rail.

Old 12-31-2010, 04:14 AM
TDTIPMO
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm pretty sure all the wiring is the same for all models, some models just don't use it. Like for the heated/vented seats and power seats. They would just have to hook it up to the seats and install the switches. The wiring should already be ran for those as well. Should be able to be done. Just comes with a price.

Old 12-31-2010, 10:43 AM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A straight SLT? No. You can't get it from the factory with leather. You can upgrade to a Bighorn SLT and have the leather option or you can go to a Sport SLT and get the option as well. If you're gonna get leather, you might as well get it from the factory and have the awesome cooled and heated seats instead of just leather.

Quick Reply: leather seats on SLT? can you order them?