4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Window Tint Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011 | 10:39 AM
depdoug
|
Default Window Tint Question

Does anyone know what the factory window tint level is on the back windows of the dodge trucks? I have a 2010 quad cab with the big horn if that makes any difference. Looking at getting the front windows tinted and maybe even getting the back ones darker, but was curious what they currently are.

Old 01-21-2011 | 10:50 AM
rarichard

just about 20%. In mass legal limit is 35% so that's what I have on the front, there's a slight difference. Also get the tint strip on top of the winshield. Go with 5% on that and it will get rid of the glare that gets between the visors. And a good tint guy will not have the winshield strip bend at all and will make it appear straight with the roof line.

Old 01-23-2011 | 03:45 AM
TDTIPMO
Veteran

Tent laws are different in just about any state. I would make sure you're not tenting them darker than your state allows. Some states I don't think even let you tent the front windows. So I would check into that. Just a word of advice before the po-pos start hassling you.

Old 01-23-2011 | 09:47 PM
Patsfan
Professional

Originally Posted by depdoug
Does anyone know what the factory window tint level is on the back windows of the dodge trucks? I have a 2010 quad cab with the big horn if that makes any difference. Looking at getting the front windows tinted and maybe even getting the back ones darker, but was curious what they currently are.
There are many opinions on the stock tint percentage. I believe the rear windows are 20% but had mine done with 15% in the front. For the tint to match the back, the front needs to be a little darker because of the light that comes in the front windshield. The type of tint is key as I originaly had it done with a product that was green tint @ 22% and it looked like crap. The product I ended up with is Lumar and it looks perfect on my 2010 Quad SXT. My buddy had the exact same tint installed on his 2009 Crew Sport and looks perfect.

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/4th-gen...ck-tint-2.html

Quick Reply: Window Tint Question