4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hurst announces the 2011 Ram Hemi Hauler

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011 | 12:16 AM
1954Radio
Captain

Originally Posted by eclipsems
I'm curious to see if they do supercharge the current Hemi.

The inherited design of the short ring-lands on the pistons of the preceding 5.7 Hemi's severely castrate the longevity of the motor with F/I even at moderate boost levels.

Hoping they've improved on the ring-lands with the current Hemi w/MDS.
You're right and not to mention the thin skirtings, but they do take a moderate boost of 7 lbs with no problems bone stock...check out the Challenger forums. And they do make aftermarket pistons such as Manley, K1, and cranks too for high boost...Callies, Bryant if need be to handle 26 lbs of boost, and not to mention heads good up to 9k like PRW's pro street. You gotta figure, Fords been boosting their builds by way of their race teams for years and use forged materials. Chevy as in ZO6 uses titanium rods, the most expensive and probably the strongest you can buy. The 5.7 wasn't built by Chryslers race team and has no forged materials. The 426 aluminum" will take a 14lb boost at only 14k...not too shabby for the price...not the best but there's plenty there to work with. BTW...you need 9.1 pistons to get a decent and safe high boost in the first place...pushing 14lbs on 10.25 CR with anything is just that "pushing it" regardless if it has forged materials or not. As far as I'm concerned, I wouldn't waist my time with a 5.7 when you can get more from a 6.4 to say the least. Hurst Ram would be a good investment and pay off a few years down the road, but at my age I don't have the time to wait. I'd build my own for half the price and start with an aluminum 6.1 big bore.

Old 02-09-2011 | 05:30 PM
rolltidehemi
Captain

Originally Posted by bohrman44
check out ebay item number 260713696895
that should make for some nice HP!!!!!
And looks clean!!!!

Seen this one up close but in blue at Arrigo, nice set up by I believe Saleen, but again around 70K I believe, checked SMS for similar for the ram and they do not have it, they have a NOVI style for the ram.

Old 02-09-2011 | 08:33 PM
M15
Veteran

Can't wait to see this truck when it comes out. Sorry to hear about our 5.7s not handling forced induction very well. Would nitrous be a better option?

Old 02-10-2011 | 12:38 AM
Powerubi Wacon
Veteran

I hope that Hurst finds a way to convert them to manual transmissions. A floor/console mounted Hurst shifter would be a nice touch!

Quick Reply: Hurst announces the 2011 Ram Hemi Hauler