4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Aftermarket Double Din Install

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 09:23 PM
roberttheall
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lil_jo_25
I find it hard to believe that no one can assist me with this topic. People please provide me some insight on this people.
I installed a pioneer avic z120-bt. ounce you try to fit yours in you will be ablel to see what to cut. I used a drimmel , to cut mine. It worked out fine.

Old 03-13-2011, 09:38 PM
reeseonfire
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I plan on keeping the factory deck, But I will be integrating an iPad into the truck. Hopefully within the next month or so, Just waiting for all the parts to be shipped.

Old 03-13-2011, 09:57 PM
lil_jo_25
Rookie

Everyone,

Feel free to let me know if you had any questions in regards to the deck install. I know I spent ALOT of time due to the fact that I did not read the instructions provided to me with my items. I am willing to assist anyone if asked. All in all, I am pleased with the results of the install.

Old 03-14-2011, 02:00 AM
TDTIPMO
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lil_jo_25
Everyone,

Feel free to let me know if you had any questions in regards to the deck install. I know I spent ALOT of time due to the fact that I did not read the instructions provided to me with my items. I am willing to assist anyone if asked. All in all, I am pleased with the results of the install.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:04 PM
lil_jo_25
Rookie

What would you like pics of? The install? If so, I did not take any as this was my first install. If you would like after pics, I can definetly provide pics of that.

Old 03-16-2011, 07:48 PM
337ram
Rookie

lil jo where did you get your dbl din kit from???Part#??? Also did you have to trim the factory bezel??

Old 03-18-2011, 08:28 PM
lil_jo_25
Rookie

Originally Posted by 337ram
lil jo where did you get your dbl din kit from???Part#??? Also did you have to trim the factory bezel??
I bought the Metra 95-6511 kit. I searched through some of the threads and someone else used this as well. You can get it where ever you would like. I got it from eBay for $14.00. I had to cut some plastic and metal in order to get the new deck in as it was bigger than the factory deck.

Old 03-23-2011, 08:56 PM
srt2000ram

im going to do this soon ill take pics for you guys(if yall tell me how to hookup the steering wheel controls for next song and volume)...also what screen did you use?...looks sick and this is the one thing ima do to mine for the interior along with a custom headliner

Old 03-23-2011, 09:06 PM
ramruner

I just did the Avic-Z110BT install in my '11 ram 1500 reg cab. The usual cutting and shaving of the plastic on top. What i did find though, when installing the antenna cable adaptor from Crutchfield, is that it does not clip in all the way to the original antenna. There is a black plastic piece that inserts into the original lead and i thought it was supposed to lock in. In another forum, someone said to remove that clip and just insert the lead which is not the case here. If you do this, you will have a loose fit. I called Crutchfield and they were aware of this and sent me a photo of how its supposed to look, installed. It does not clip in, just a snug fit. They should have included that pic when i got the original kit and antenna and it would have saved me some time. They sent me a new replacement after i told them i removed and obviously damaged that black clip. Here is a pic of it installed showing it not going all the way into the original antenna lead. Showing the black clip inserted into the white plastic partially. it will not go all the way in and lock and that is normal.

Old 03-23-2011, 09:09 PM
lil_jo_25
Rookie

Originally Posted by srt2000ram
im going to do this soon ill take pics for you guys(if yall tell me how to hookup the steering wheel controls for next song and volume)...also what screen did you use?...looks sick and this is the one thing ima do to mine for the interior along with a custom headliner
The steering wheel controls are easy to set up. You will need to figure out what you want and where on your steering wheel controls. I have mine where the volume bottons on the left side, and in the middle is my mode button where I can switch between stations. On the left side, its my seek buttons with my stop and play in the middle.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Double Din Install