4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-13-2015, 06:40 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Cannot Remove FOB/Key from ignition on 2011 RAM 1500 (Battery Not Dead, Gear in Park)

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2017, 07:25 PM
Scotty6.7
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey. The same thing happened to me today, what I did was undid all the cables on the battery terminals and I touched the positive and the negative together to reset the computer and it worked for me.

Old 03-22-2018, 12:35 PM
GLeePete
Default Same FOB problem.

I have a 2012 Ram 1500. I have had the problem one time. I was at hunting camp. I pulled in front of camp, shut the truck off, and the FOB would not come out of the dash. I tried many times , re-started the truck several times, and it would not come out. Moved the shifter in and out of park several times with no luck.
The front yard at camp is on a down hill grade. Basically, passenger side quite a bit lower than driver side. As a last attempt, I pulled the truck down to a level spot, shut it off, and the FOB came out fine.
I don't know if there is something in the truck that stops the key from being removed when not level or not? However, I had stopped the truck in the same position at camp before this time, and the FOB problem did not happen.
So, I guess I am waiting to see if it happens again. Has not happened again for over a year.

Old 06-22-2018, 03:12 PM
Digdug

Just wanted to share that I had the same problem. Date of issue is as of this thread, June 22nd, 2018.

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Got home from work and everything was fine; was able to pull the key out no problem. Tried to go to the store 2 hours later. Push-button-start has been acting up so I've been using the FOB. Put the FOB in and tried to start; nothing. Jeep acted like it was completely dead; no display on the dashboard and the engine didn't even crank at all. Tried again, no luck. Tried to remove the FOB and it was stuck; noticed it wasn't all the way to the OFF position. Yanked the FOB out. Shoved the FOB back in (took a bit of force) and tried again; nothing. Yanked the FOB out again and ended up on this forum after a bunch of searching.

I disconnected both the negative and positive poles of the battery and let sit for 15 minutes. Reconnected them and was able to put the FOB in without resistance. Jeep started right up as if nothing happened.

I've been having a great deal of problems with both of my FOBs. If the FOB is in my pocket and I'm walking close to the vehicle it was lock itself, without me pressing any buttons. I'll be sitting in my office, 100 ft. from the vehicle and I can hear the horn sound indicating the vehicle has locked itself again. I wonder if all the signals that appear to be emanating from the FOB have messed with the computer? It's the only justification I can come up with. Have owned the vehicle for 7 years and put over 100k miles on it and no issues until today (other than the FOB locking the vehicle all the time).

Quick Reply: Cannot Remove FOB/Key from ignition on 2011 RAM 1500 (Battery Not Dead, Gear in Park)