4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Fog bumper swap.

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2011 | 03:35 PM
RochesterRob
|
Default Fog bumper swap.

PLEASE don't flame me...

I have used the search function, and come across multiple threads on this, however between reading pages upon pages about this I still don't have complete answers.

I recently had an accident and convinced the body shop to install the factory fog cut out bumper on my 09 Quad slt that previously had just the solid chrome front bumper. Now I have begun the process to complete the swap. My questions are, has anyone actually completed this swap? Most of the threads I have read are incomplete, and if there is a thread with alot of details listed, please feel free to post the link.

Basically, I have a few questions. I have located the OEM part kit with the wiring, lights, and switch on a few different sites including ebay. Oddly enough, I think my truck has the proper switch already installed (at least that is what I think) it has a small push button switch underneath the headlight switch. Also, I keep seeing referance to "mounting brackest" for the lights, but have been able to locate a part# for them (are these hard to install?). Does anyone know if the wiring harness is plug and play? or do I have to splice them in? If so, any idea about where to locate the wiring diagrams? Lastly, a link to a exploded diagram of the fog bumper assembly might even warrant a sincere thank you

I just figured I'd ask if anyone had some knowledge of this swap before I get started.

As always, thank you
Regards

Old 09-23-2011 | 04:42 PM
FingerBang
Amateur

i did the same after an accident, i just havent gotten around to actually completing the project.
the oem kit you have does not replace the factory lights, but it has most of what you need. the kit has the wiring harness and the switch, here are the rest of hte part numbers you will need:

fog lamp brackets (pair)
68054374AA
fog lamp left
55372735AA
fog lamp right
55372734AB

i doubt that you have the correct switch, the button below the dial is for the bed light, if i remember correctly the switch for the fogs is the actual dial that you push.
you can verify if you have the right switch with this part number:
headlamp switch
4602918AA

Old 09-23-2011 | 08:47 PM
Cmerritt84
Captain

The fog light switch is the dial to turn on the lights. You push it in to toggle fogs on/off.

Old 09-26-2011 | 12:45 PM
RochesterRob
|

Originally Posted by FingerBang
i did the same after an accident, i just havent gotten around to actually completing the project.
the oem kit you have does not replace the factory lights, but it has most of what you need. the kit has the wiring harness and the switch, here are the rest of hte part numbers you will need:

fog lamp brackets (pair)
68054374AA
fog lamp left
55372735AA
fog lamp right
55372734AB

i doubt that you have the correct switch, the button below the dial is for the bed light, if i remember correctly the switch for the fogs is the actual dial that you push.
you can verify if you have the right switch with this part number:
headlamp switch
4602918AA
Thank you very much, I ordered parts today, and will update the post as I go or when I'm done.

Quick Reply: Fog bumper swap.