4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

mopar lithium grease for drive shaft

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2011 | 02:45 PM
LU229
Banned

Originally Posted by oldjeep
Dumbest thing I had ever read.
May be so bubba, but i`ve read some pretty dumb things you`ve wrote as well, but i never once belittled you... sooooo, to each their own.
At least when i do a lube job on MY truck, EVERYTING gets the grease.
And just incase you DIDNT know, aftermarket u-joints COME WITH grease fittings. So i dont see where you`re saying its dumb to install your own grease fittings in your stock joints to make them last alot longer. Oh crap, i forgot, they come with lifetime grease inside of them and you`ll never have to replace them either...sorry my bad...!!!

The reason the factory dosent have grease fittings anymore, is so that you will wear out the part(s) alot faster so you can go back to the dealer and replace the parts and they can MAKE BIG BIG MONEY OFF FROM YOUUUUUUUUUU. I would rather add some grease fittings rather than the dealer steal anymore money out of my pocket, especially when i can avoid it rather cheaply.

Last edited by LU229; 10-30-2011 at 02:50 PM.
Old 10-30-2011 | 03:10 PM
mdram43
|
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by LU229
If its required to lube at every oil change, then you guys should probably get it done...
you dont need any excuse for them to cancel your warranty for not servicing it properly.
why the heck do you think I'm asking??? haha is this guy for real?

Last edited by mdram43; 10-30-2011 at 03:27 PM.
Old 10-30-2011 | 03:12 PM
mdram43
|
Record Breaker

Took about 10 seconds to find it, its basically just wheel bearing grease. Most driveshafts these days do not have zerks, all you do is rub some on the exposed splines - easier when the truck is on a frame lift.

WHEEL BEARING GREASE
Extreme temperature, extreme
pressure grease. Use on wheel
bearings, ball joints, tie rod ends,
clutch linkages, axle bearings,
driveline splines and slip yokes.
1 Lb. Tub
MSQ: 12 tubs
Part No. 05083149AA

MS-6560
no disrespect, but if you read my original post, I posted the part number, only thing is, it doesnt exist. I put the number into google, all the sites I get my mopar stuff from, nothing.

Old 10-30-2011 | 03:15 PM
mdram43
|
Record Breaker

the dealer said "we just have tubs of grease we use", your telling me I'm gonna manually use my fingers to lube up the driveshaft at each oil change? that sounds like I'm gonna have to pull it off to do so. I dont see that happening at every oil change, when the truck tells me to change my oil every 3,000 miles

Last edited by mdram43; 10-30-2011 at 03:17 PM.
Old 10-30-2011 | 03:27 PM
mdram43
|
Record Breaker

just checked to online owners manual, just shy of useless. says there is a fitting and to change with every oil change. real helpful (sarcasm).

Old 10-30-2011 | 06:10 PM
oldjeep
Champion

Originally Posted by LU229
And just incase you DIDNT know, aftermarket u-joints COME WITH grease fittings. So i dont see where you`re saying its dumb to install your own grease fittings in your stock joints to make them last alot longer. Oh crap, i forgot, they come with lifetime grease inside of them and you`ll never have to replace them either...sorry my bad...!!!
LOL - U-joints that have zerks either have flow paths through the joint or in the case of joints with zerks on each cap they have lube passages cut so the grease has a path to the bearings. Drilling and tapping a hole in a cap is going to do little more than put some filings in the joint and likely blow the seals out when you try to pump in some grease.

Have you ever actually done this?

Old 10-30-2011 | 06:12 PM
oldjeep
Champion

Originally Posted by mdram43
no disrespect, but if you read my original post, I posted the part number, only thing is, it doesnt exist. I put the number into google, all the sites I get my mopar stuff from, nothing.
Must exist since I got that from a Mopar dealer parts database

Old 10-30-2011 | 09:59 PM
mdram43
|
Record Breaker

Must exist since I got that from a Mopar dealer parts database
your an @$$hole. you the same guy giving me crap on other threads? i didnt mean it literally doesnt exist, just that I cant find it. dont know whats with you and the other ****** on this thread just poisoning thread after thread with bs. if you dont have helpful $h!t to throw in, keep your mouth shut, atleast in this technical forum. the other bs anything goes forum, go to town. but when people are trying to get help and you and every other idiot are in here throwing your worthless and ridiculous two cents, its of no help and gets no one anywhere.

so thanks for going and looking it up, when I already provided it, you sure are a frickin boyscout!

Old 10-30-2011 | 11:17 PM
oldjeep
Champion

Try asking them for MS-6560 the next time, that is the generic part number for it. Not sure what you are getting all bent about, the dealer has it if you really want the Mopar brand of wheel bearing grease - they use it every day.

If not then just go to the auto parts store and buy any lithium based wheel bearing grease that they have.

Old 10-30-2011 | 11:36 PM
mdram43
|
Record Breaker

Try asking them for MS-6560 the next time, that is the generic part number for it. Not sure what you are getting all bent about, the dealer has it if you really want the Mopar brand of wheel bearing grease - they use it every day.

If not then just go to the auto parts store and buy any lithium based wheel bearing grease that they have.

man i love repeating myself. already went to the dealer, didnt have it, didnt know what I was talking about. ive checked all these online mopar sites, nothing. no results. googled the parts number, googled the ms-6560, NOTHING.

all it turned up on google, was other guys on other forums asking the same question, where to get this ms-6560 mopar lithium grease

Quick Reply: mopar lithium grease for drive shaft