4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Adding a keypad entry system

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2012 | 11:37 PM
NumberCruncher
|
Amateur
Default Adding a keypad entry system

Anyone added a numerical key pad entry to a Ram? How much does that cost?

Ford offers this on their F-150 and after having had one, I hate to lose this feature. Going dirt bike riding and being able to lock my keys in the truck while I am out on the trail is really cool.

NC

Old 03-07-2012 | 07:56 PM
Cmerritt84
Captain

Prolly be more headache than its worth. Just use the tailgate key to unlock it and leave the fob in the truck

Old 03-07-2012 | 11:40 PM
rdculus
Veteran

There is aftermarket kits available, I'm just not sure how well they work. I'm also interested I this though, most ford owners say this is one of the best features they dont wanna give up

Old 03-08-2012 | 01:20 PM
saberworks
Rookie

I've seen some for Fords that just work like your FOB. You program it to match your fobs, then when you press the right code it unlocks the doors. I saw at least one kind that you "installed" with a sticker, it just stuck on right next to the door handle.

I used the feature when I'd park at the lake and take the boat out. I was always paranoid about dropping my fob into the water, so I'd just lock it in the truck. Now I guess I'll lock the fob in there and bring the door key. Still a risk of losing it but it can't be as expensive to replace as a fob right?

Old 03-08-2012 | 08:54 PM
BigBlueEdge
Record Breaker

I had the keypad on an Aviator. It was for things like parking at the lake. Ford must have a patent on it because otherwise I'd think this would be something every manufacturer would clone. It's just TOO useful. Oh well, I'll never own another Ford product (well, maybe a Mustang) so I'll have to live without unless there is a good aftermarket solution.

Rob

Quick Reply: Adding a keypad entry system