4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

tuner chips

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2012 | 06:00 AM
bigbear09
|
Default tuner chips

Hey guys i own a 09 1500 4x4 4.7L ram truck this is my first 4 gen.truck in a long history of dodge trucks feels like this truck is sluggish shift points dont feel right need to really get into the gas before it will down shift will a tuner chip help with this problem if so witch one work and witch ones are junk or should i try something else. im gonna be stuck with this truck for awile and chip prices seem kinda reasonable and easy to install allmost sounds to good to be true do these work....?

Last edited by bigbear09; 09-11-2012 at 04:23 PM.
Old 09-11-2012 | 07:47 AM
gutty96
Veteran

Superchips + advanced transmission tuning. Then download a shift schedule spreadsheet and start from there. I love the way my truck shifts right now. Except, it is just a little harsh at times going from 1-2 at low throttle pressure. So I need to try to work that out the next time I have the tuner hooked up.

Not the thread jack, but does anyone with experience think that I need more or less torque management? I believe the low percentage shifts are around 25-30% right now.

Old 09-11-2012 | 08:24 AM
kddsRam
Veteran

Originally Posted by gutty96
Not the thread jack, but does anyone with experience think that I need more or less torque management? I believe the low percentage shifts are around 25-30% right now.

I have been running a custom trans schedule for couple years now and my torque mgmt is at 6% for all settings ( WOT and partial shifts ) and it is not harsh at all. Dodge tuning has no option like the 150 does for shift pressure. I could make my F150 chirp gears at partial throttle shifts you could set it so hard. The Dodge has a nice and fast/firm shifts. Back a year or so ago, superchips did release an update that included shift improvements. Not sure last time you updated but I definitely noticed a difference after updating.

Old 09-11-2012 | 08:43 AM
gutty96
Veteran

Originally Posted by kddsRam
I have been running a custom trans schedule for couple years now and my torque mgmt is at 6% for all settings ( WOT and partial shifts ) and it is not harsh at all. Dodge tuning has no option like the 150 does for shift pressure. I could make my F150 chirp gears at partial throttle shifts you could set it so hard. The Dodge has a nice and fast/firm shifts. Back a year or so ago, superchips did release an update that included shift improvements. Not sure last time you updated but I definitely noticed a difference after updating.
Do you have a spreadsheet of your schedule? I started with everything @ 10% and have backed off my low throttle pressure shifts, but my high RPM shifts are still 10%.

Old 09-11-2012 | 11:30 PM
kddsRam
Veteran

Sure do, on the home pc. Let me figure out tomorrow how to upload it here or PM me an email address and ill just send it to you.

Quick Reply: tuner chips