4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Guys who have iridium plugs come inside!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2012 | 10:29 PM
trouse40
|
Default Guys who have iridium plugs come inside!!!!

Ok, I've researched this and researched this. I only want to hear from people that has done it. Not people that have heard, or any of that! I'm looking at the iridium XP5325. What's your expirences?

Old 11-20-2012 | 09:57 PM
trouse40
|

No one?!?

Old 11-20-2012 | 10:55 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech

When someone figures out how anything other than a single blue/white spark of electricity being pushed across a gap at many thousands of volts can be improved upon, they'll be very wealthy...
OR...they could just come up with an impressive line of BS to sell spark plugs....and damn those are some perdy spark plugs!

However, it's still not as bad as the poppycock perpetrated on the DIY auto driving public by a magical air filter that makes you faster than a Top Fuel dragster (in a daily driver mind you) and pulls 70% more dirt per cubic centimeter into your engine than the leading air filter material that possibly every automaker on the planet Earth uses, because of course, the engineers had no clue the other air filters existed before they designed the intake system.

Man!.... Are they gonna be all butthurt & egg-faced when they hear about these developments....sonofa!!

(end sarcastic rant.... not directed at you personally)

Last edited by TNtech; 11-20-2012 at 11:04 PM.
Old 11-21-2012 | 05:47 AM
trouse40
|

Well my thing isn't for performance, it's for longevity! Anti seize the threads, and your good for 100k. the autolite iridium are only like 3.50 a plug with their rebate.

Old 11-21-2012 | 07:54 AM
hounddogg
Record Breaker

Have 10,000 miles on mine. Best buy out there after Autolites $2.00 a plug rebate. These plugs have bee discussed I believe in depth if you had used the SEARCH function. Little smoother idle and others mentioned the same. Fuel mileage after install peaked shortly there after. I hit 19/20 everywhere I drive around here for the most part. At times 22 at 70/72 mph. Hemis are easy on plugs and not terribly picky. Just don't use a 'pulse duration plug' They cause low voltage bleed over,skipping and believe it or not charge system issues according to a GM tech bulletin on them. The COP Hemi and HY-BRED Hemi both use 100,000 mile NGK Platinum's. The Autolite XPs are a 5 year guarantee regardless of miles. They are a HIGH TECH PLUG. Less carbon buildup is even mentioned. READ the write up on them at the Autolite Web site. I called and talked to Autolites Product info line before I bought. Called and talked to 'other' plug manufactures tech/product lines also.The Autolite guys I talked to were the nicest and most informeitive at least on the day I called investigating spark plugs. The XPs are as good or better than 'other' plugs costing 2.5 times as much money. Denso,NGk and such that produce similar Iridium plugs. Run them with confidence.

Last edited by hounddogg; 11-23-2012 at 02:30 AM.
Old 11-22-2012 | 09:32 PM
trouse40
|

Ya I've heard guys say they are running them fine but its always low miles. And I've seen guys say they cause problems but its always they heard it from someone else. So that's why I'm trying to find someone that has personally tried them and they caused problems.

Old 11-23-2012 | 02:27 AM
hounddogg
Record Breaker

Why would they cause issues. They are not a 'pulse' duration plug. Call the Autolite tech /product line and talk to them. I did such with NGK and Denso as well. As they said. IF they had issues why would we sell them! I basically heard that from all the plug manufactures I called. I've got 10,000 miles on mine. I had NO intention of putting a cheap nickel tipped plug back in my truck when I changed. OH the 'parts' guy at the Chrysler dealer near me said the same as you heard. It won't run right using those! I said and WHY won't it. He said cause thats what he 'heard'. In fact day before yesterday I saw him. Told him it ran BETTER* with them! It does. Other car forumns there have been comments that Hemis are easy on oil,easy on plugs and not that picky about either. Just don't use a 'pulse duration plug" E3 is one of those.

Old 11-23-2012 | 12:25 PM
trouse40
|

Do they affect the warrantee?

Old 11-23-2012 | 12:33 PM
hounddogg
Record Breaker

Only if the tip breaks off and tears up a piston. If the person installing them crossed threaded one and stripped the head. Why would they affect warranty. Oh! That could happen if a cheap tipped NGK had a tip break off. You know you better not use them. Sure enough a coil pack or something would go and it would be those plugs.

Last edited by hounddogg; 11-23-2012 at 12:35 PM.
Old 12-19-2012 | 03:47 PM
SMGFATMAN71
Professional

2009 Ram 1500........Ive had the Densos for 50k.....never an issue...

Quick Reply: Guys who have iridium plugs come inside!!!!