4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

My Gig Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2013 | 08:37 AM
depunz
Professional

Originally Posted by astroman54
On all radios but the RER and RHR, the bluetooth and voice control features are located in the Uconnect module which is located behind the passenger side kick panel and can be seen if you drop the lower glove box door and look through it toward the outer wall. To get the bluetooth streaming on your radio, you will need to replace the uconnect module with one from a 2011 or newer Ram..

Andy
I don't know about that. I got a brand new uconnect module and with the older REN radio will not stream music. I need to check my wifes van and make sure the part numbers are the same as in my truck. Althought I'm pretty sure they are the same as they were ordered from the same vendor and mine was ordered after hers. So if anything mine should be newer. Also the instructions included in my box were a newer revision.

To the OP, you should be good with the RBZ.

Last edited by depunz; 01-03-2013 at 08:40 AM.
Old 01-03-2013 | 11:07 PM
astroman54
Amateur

It might be a function of the RER radio.. Maybe it needs an update? But I do know if you have the older Uconnect module, it cannot do bluetooth streaming you need the newer Uconnect module for that capability.

You can check out this site for any updates to the RER radio: http://mofv.com/mygig/BBS/index.php

Quick Reply: My Gig Questions