4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

can someone please tell me where abs speed sensor is?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2013 | 06:26 PM
hulagrubman
|
Default can someone please tell me where abs speed sensor is?

hooked my 2009 dodge ram up to scanner and it said i have bad right rear speed sensor. they said it was on my diferential but i cant seem to locate it. i saw a pic of sensor, can someone tell me where it is on my truck so i can replace? thanks

Old 01-31-2013 | 06:53 PM
oldjeep
Champion

Originally Posted by hulagrubman
hooked my 2009 dodge ram up to scanner and it said i have bad right rear speed sensor. they said it was on my diferential but i cant seem to locate it. i saw a pic of sensor, can someone tell me where it is on my truck so i can replace? thanks
The sensors are at the hubs on all 4 corners. You'll see an electrical plug hooked to it if you crawl under the truck.

Old 01-31-2013 | 06:55 PM
oldjeep
Champion

Directions from FSM
1. Raise the vehicle on a hoist.
2.Disconnect the wheel speed sensor electrical connector (3).
3.Remove the mounting bolt (1) from the sensor (4).
4.Remove the sensor (4) from the brake caliper adapter (2).

Last edited by oldjeep; 12-07-2013 at 01:17 PM.
Old 01-31-2013 | 10:23 PM
hulagrubman
|
Default i was told it was on the differential

thanks for the replys but i was told at store that mine was located atop the differential. the sensor i saw at advanced doesnt look anything like the one in the pic yall sent me. looks like older models have them atop the differential and this is what the sensor looks like when i saw it at store. oh boy. where can i get one of these sensors in the pic yall sent me? looks like i ordered the wrong one. the pic u sent me, i found it under truck and thought maybe that was it, but i cant seem to locate one for purchase so i just thought maybe it was a tire pressure sensor. when googling all that came up was the one atop differential. im so glad you replied i woulda been on a goose hunt. that connector looked like it would have been hell to unclip, you ever tried it? from the scanner i know its the right one just got to figure out how to get a new one or maybe pop it off and try cleaning it. thanks again and hope to hear from you

Last edited by hulagrubman; 01-31-2013 at 10:36 PM.
Old 02-01-2013 | 07:02 AM
oldjeep
Champion

You buy them from the dealer.

Old 02-01-2013 | 11:37 AM
SMGFATMAN71
Professional

I Agree with OJ Get it from Mopar....

Quick Reply: can someone please tell me where abs speed sensor is?