4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2013 - Uconnect 8.4A - Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 07:56 PM
VdubBry
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 - Uconnect 8.4A - Need Help

Hey all, great forum here! I just picked up my 2013 Big Horn on Saturday.

I thought I had everything setup and somehow I got my Uconnect registration all jumbled, so I hopped online and found where you could hold the AC/HEAT buttons and get in to the factory menu. I hit restore defaults, thinking that would allow me to just start over again. Boy was I wrong.

It did in fact restore the defaults, but it's almost like the Uconnect Radio/Infotainment system is in some sort of default mode. Before the colors on the screen were like an Amber orange etc. It doesn't seem to be tied in to the RAM features anymore, the bass/mid/treble controls have no effect etc.

Am I going to have to hit the dealership already lol? Thanks!

Old 03-10-2013, 08:04 PM
Nate769
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Honestly I think that you might, we don't have many users on here with 2013s, for those we do have not many issues has arose. You might get someone on here that knows it, but I think the majority of us here have the older style head unit. Which pretty much renders us useless, I know it renders myself anyways!

Old 03-10-2013, 08:13 PM
VdubBry

Originally Posted by Nate769
Honestly I think that you might, we don't have many users on here with 2013s, for those we do have not many issues has arose. You might get someone on here that knows it, but I think the majority of us here have the older style head unit. Which pretty much renders us useless, I know it renders myself anyways!
Thanks for the reply. I figured I would have to go back. It all started by trying to sync up my iPhone. I thought by using the USB interface from what I read that I could play music with the standard iPhone cable. From there I somehow froze everything up. I probably should have just shut it off or pulled a fuse or something.

Instead I found the factory reset article I think on this site. Oops.

Is there any info out there yet on which wires to tap to add a line out converter so I can add a sub? I found a DIY on removing the radio so far.

Old 03-11-2013, 10:11 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Using older radio instructions will not work on the new generation of radios. A dealer is going to have to do the reboot for you.

Old 03-11-2013, 11:25 AM
blakels
Amateur

Typically, you would pair your iPhone to the unit with the Bluetooth method. You can play music on your iPhone through the vehicle system that way.

Old 03-11-2013, 10:23 PM
VdubBry

Thanks, the reboot does work, it just takes time to re-download the Ram stuff. I still can't get the USB port to work, I can get it playing through the system via bluetooth but I didn't like the sound quality as much. The Bluetooth volume seemed lower, I wish there was a way to boost it.

I just need to figure out why it doesn't work through the USB.

Quick Reply: 2013 - Uconnect 8.4A - Need Help