4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Engine Knocking, Transfer Case grinding - I WON against Chrysler Canada

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2013 | 04:13 PM
mezerr
|
Professional
Default Engine Knocking, Transfer Case grinding - I WON against Chrysler Canada

Not sure if anyone remembers, but since August of 2012, I've been battling with Chrysler Canada regarding my 2012 RAM with a knocking engine, and grinding transfer case. Here are the noises:

To make a very long story short. After fighting for 8 months, 12 dealership visits, 72 days in shop, and 4 different dealerships, Chrysler Canada's stance on the above noises were "Your truck is operating and performing as intended". Well, I took them to Arbitration (CAMVAP) and WON! Chrysler Canada was forced to buy-back my 2012 RAM for FULL PRICE, NO REDUCTIONS FOR USE! I've already dropped it off at a dealership, and received my well deserved money back IN FULL!

Nothing to do with the RAM, but because Chrysler Canada is the worse company I've EVER dealt with, and the Senior Resolution Manager named Brett is the WORST manager I've ever talked to, they won't receive another PENNY from me, EVER! I've put a factory order in for a FORD F-150 FX4 5.0L. Waiting a few weeks for it's arrival now!

Bye Bye Chrysler Canada, Brett, and Chrysler Dealerships! You won't be missed!\

If anyone is interested in my WHOLE STORY, I've created a CAMVAP Review / Guide on my site. It also has my whole story with the dealerships, and Chrysler Canada, and CAMVAP. HERE

Last edited by mezerr; 09-05-2013 at 04:29 PM.
Old 09-05-2013 | 04:17 PM
saberworks
Rookie

Congrats, I'm glad you got your well-deserved refund. I know how frustrating it can be, I went through something similar with a Buell motorcycle a few years ago. I didn't have to go to arbitration, thankfully. The whole process is stressful and unnecessary. They should have taken back the truck when it was obvious they couldn't fix it.

Old 09-05-2013 | 05:19 PM
Johnn123
Record Breaker

Congratz! Nothing better then watching those people get beat What jerks.

Old 09-05-2013 | 06:46 PM
AZdave
Professional

I surely recall reading your comments and just read your site over (might want to update/edit as it says "On August 18, 2013, I bought a 2013 Dodge Ram" - shouldn't it read 2012 for purchase and model?

Anyhow, good read and glad you got your full purchase price back - but that doesn't in anyway make up for time/labor/hassle as well as any interest you paid on a loan (if you financed). Good friend had BMW fix his M3, double the warranty and pay damages for wasting his time. I say that Chrysler Canada got away with jerking you around - but it's the best you could get with the laws up there.

Granted this isn't a Ford thread, but if you wouldn't mind providing a brief review of the new truck (ride/handing/power/transmission), that'd be great - as knowledge is not the enemy, ignorance and "operating and performing as intended" is.

Last edited by AZdave; 09-05-2013 at 06:51 PM.
Old 09-05-2013 | 08:22 PM
mezerr
|
Professional

Originally Posted by AZdave
I surely recall reading your comments and just read your site over (might want to update/edit as it says "On August 18, 2013, I bought a 2013 Dodge Ram" - shouldn't it read 2012 for purchase and model?
OOPS! Fixed! LOL. THANKS!

Old 09-05-2013 | 08:24 PM
mezerr
|
Professional

Originally Posted by AZdave
Granted this isn't a Ford thread, but if you wouldn't mind providing a brief review of the new truck (ride/handing/power/transmission), that'd be great - as knowledge is not the enemy, ignorance and "operating and performing as intended" is.
That might be a good idea! I havn't received the FORD yet, as it's a factory order and takes a few weeks. Once I get familiar with it, I'll write a small review.

Old 09-05-2013 | 08:36 PM
Cmerritt84
Captain

About dame time they make it right. i

Old 09-05-2013 | 08:44 PM
mezerr
|
Professional

Originally Posted by Cmerritt84
About dame time they make it right. i
Well... I wouldn't really say THEY made it right. They were FORCED to pay it back through Arbitration. Chysler Canada didn't give a S**T about making it right.

Old 09-05-2013 | 10:32 PM
CHRGD
Professional

WOW! That's about all I can say at this point. I'm happy for you. I hope you enjoy your new ride.

Old 09-06-2013 | 03:26 AM
Atomic Dog
Professional

Getting back full price makes it a bit better to take, but still 72 days in the shop is insanity.

Glad you won. It's issues like yours that can really give a manufacturer a bad name. Sadly your posts about your issues on this forum alone probably dissuaded at least couple people from buying a Ram(probably more). Would have been cheaper for Chrysler to fix the issue to begin with than give you the runaround and then forced to take the car back.

Quick Reply: Engine Knocking, Transfer Case grinding - I WON against Chrysler Canada